Schiit 'Magnius' - new $199 fully balanced headphone amp
Nov 29, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #167 of 226
Hi mates, I’m close to buy one Magnius and I would like to know something, is there any chance that I could use the XLR output on the back side to connect to an Edifier 1700BT to the RCA port using a cable with thus schema? I know that I would going from XLR balanced to RCA unbalanced but more than loose the balanced it’s just to use the output for this purpose and left the RCA output for another use and know that I’m not going to break or damage anything so, any tip?
Don't. You'd be connecting a single ended load (Edifier speakers) to the Magnius' balanced pre-outs and thus shorting the amp outputs. May not be such a big deal since we're talking line-level (ish) outputs but I'd not recommend it. Better to use RCA splitters on the Magnius RCA pre-outs.

Nov 29, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #168 of 226
Magnius on the back has XLR output/input balanced
WHOA.. also off the website
"Flexibility for Your Entire Desktop

Magnius isn’t just a headphone amp. It also has balanced and single-ended preamp outputs, so you can connect to powered monitors for a complete system. It also has both balanced and single-ended inputs, and two gain levels. And all these connections use best-in-class Neutrik connectors, together with Alps signal switches, for ultimate integrity and reliability."

Just use the Single ended output to the Speakers.

Thanks for bringing that up never noticed as i just use mine as a beautiful balanced headphone amp.

Nov 29, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #169 of 226
Don't. You'd be connecting a single ended load (Edifier speakers) to the Magnius' balanced pre-outs and thus shorting the amp outputs. May not be such a big deal since we're talking line-level (ish) outputs but I'd not recommend it. Better to use RCA splitters on the Magnius RCA pre-outs.
That’s what I was thinking, to just use the normal RCA output and that’s all so thank you for confirm what I thought :)

Nov 29, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #172 of 226
Magnius has RCA and XLR in and out. There are adapters you can get (check Amazon) to go from XLR out to your speakers RCA. Shouldn’t be a problem. What are you planning to use Magnius’RCA outs for?
The point is that you are going from balanced (XLR) to RCA (unbalanced) and this connection can damage the amp part, in any case I’m not a very tech expert

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #173 of 226
Hy guys. Any of the Magnius owners with experience with the SP200?? I own the SP200 and I’m fine with it, but my DAC is the Schiit’s Bifrost MB in black( not Bifrost 2, but jus the one before) and aesthetically Magnius will look perfect, but not sure what I’ll be missing sound wise if I switch amps.
I’ll be using mostly the XLR output for my headphones, input coming from the DAC will be, of course RCA since is not Bifrost 2.
Thanks !!!!

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #175 of 226
is this worth owning if i already have a jotunheim which id already really like. i just like schiit amps and kinda interested in this one

thanks
If you plan on using the balanced side only yes its good lil amp, is there something the Jot is not doing for you? If you just want to hear it its cheap enough, but I would say the money could be put towards an upgrade or somewhere else.

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #176 of 226
If you plan on using the balanced side only yes its good lil amp, is there something the Jot is not doing for you? If you just want to hear it its cheap enough, but I would say the money could be put towards an upgrade or somewhere else.

not really i just wanna hear it. i have a jot and lp already.

i guess illl pass on this one, i just saw them on sale in the b stock section. ill save my money for a jot 2 or new valhalla if they ever release.

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #177 of 226
not really i just wanna hear it. i have a jot and lp already.

i guess I'll pass on this one, i just saw them on sale in the b stock section. ill save my money for a jot 2 or new Valhalla if they ever release.
Jason already posted there "might be" a lot of new products in 2021 as some of the 2020 releases were pushed because of the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back