1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by barry s, Dec 12, 2012.
Tags:
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Next

Last
  1. Chuke
    Quote:

If you need two lotteries to buy a $99 amp, you are in dire straits. Damn, I know people who spend more on Legos than I spend on headphone gear.  

2. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

Yup. The Magni's teeny tiny alright. So unless you go vertical... [​IMG]

se

3. willmax
    Has anyone here measured their Magni power adapter voltage output and would care to share the results with us please? Cheers [​IMG]

4. adrenc94
    Hi there,
    Does the PYST $20 PYST cable come in pairs or do I need to purchase 2 of them(1 left and 1 right)?

Thanks.

5. Kamakahah
    Comes in a pair. Just need to order the one set for 20$ to hook up to your modi, or whatever other device you plan on using.

6. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

Just a bit under 18 volts unloaded. Why?

se

7. Iamnothim
    VAC

8. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

Yes, yes, yes, VAC. I figured since it's an AC adapter and the Magni only accepts an AC input, it could go without saying.

se

9. xezi
    Quote:
    yes, well, I was picturing a person who has  a 'bedside setup', would have a bedside, a living room, a home office, an office, a portable setup...
    hence the comment...

Yes yes... Lego wise, I'm one of those persons... or was, when I was 12-15 yo... golden times... 

Also, Magni + Modi would arrive at my door for something around 470usd, so it is a bit sour cost/benefit indeed, imo...[​IMG]

10. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

OUCH!

Why so much?

se

11. LugBug1
    mmm.. Economics. Not my best subject but if we are talking USD, my Magni would have cost about $190 (in the uk)

12. willmax

Thanks for that, my magni came with a US power adapter that is not suitable in Australia therefore I'm planning to use my O2 PSU instead. And guess what it works like a treat!

13. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

Yeah, but in his case we're talking about more than $250 over and above the retail price of the Modi/Magni pair. Hell, I could buy the pair and ship 'em to him via FedEx Express for considerably less than that.

se

14. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

Yeah? Cool beans!

Just be careful you're not sending much more than 16 VAC (glancing over at Iamnothim with squinting eyes) to the Magni. The regulators are only using circuit board copper for their heatsinking.

se

15. Iamnothim
    Quote:
    just didn't want to leave anything to chance.
    In case you don't know.....Steveo'  You Da Man !

First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Next

Last