1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by barry s, Dec 12, 2012.
Tags:
First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last
  1. phazey
    hmm, that is the same problem I am having with the EF2A's right now >< 

2. LugBug1
    Yeah I can hardly get my LCD2's on the volume pot...

Theres no imbalance at lowest setting though.

3. Iamnothim
    I agree with all of the above.  It's what one enjoys that counts the most.
    I've been bashed / flamed / disparaged for professing my love of HD Tracks.  Hey! I like how the content sounds.  Period.

I don't have much of a frame of reference.  Many of ya'll have listened through many different cans and IEM's on multiple amps.
    My experience is a lot more limited.  M&M, Lyr, Bifrost, DacMagic, HD650's and LCD2's.   I sold the DM+, HD650's and M&M's.

The last part has me concerned.  I'm probably the only person that doesn't like the M&M's.    Now I have an Asgard 2/Bifrost on the way.  I'm really wondering if I'll perceive the same difference as I did with the M&M.   Will I enjoy listening to the Asgard2 as much as the Lyr?  I continue to enjoy reading everyones impressions of the M&M on this thread.  The pairings etc.   What a product for $200.  I'm at a loss for why I didn't like them because I very much wanted to like them.

Again, It all comes down to what you you think you hear and what you enjoy.

4. swmtnbiker
    Indeed. There are very few absolutes in this hobby. Very few.

5. Tuco1965
    Quote:
    The love of music!  [​IMG]

6. ninjames
    For those talking about the volume pot, get those attenuators!

7. Kamakahah
    Quote:

I'm interested in trying it out. I looked up a few posts (most of them were 3-4 years old) talking about the different brands of attenuators and their effect on sound (if any). I was wondering what you think? What brand do you recommend? What db attenuator do you recommend for the Magni: 12, 6, 3, other?

8. ninjames
    Well, I don't know much about other brands. I bought the Harrison Labs -12dB attenuators and they worked great. Had they not, I would have experimented further. I'd say they're perfect and I can't detect a difference in sound quality either. I posted some pictures before.

9. LugBug1
  10. DefQon
    Can I be the first to remove the crap pot in the M to be replaced with a Schallco stepped attenuator? [​IMG]

No but seriously, if someone just want a report of any improvements of using a stepped attenuator on the Magnum I will happily buy one just for modding.

11. peter123
    Quote:
    I do also have these and I'm very pleased with their performance.

12. JohnBal
    I rally like my Magni driving my Shure SRH840's. Spent a couple of hours last night with this combination. Nice amp for what I wanted it for. I have a Darkvoice 336i OTL amp which is not the best to drive these Shures. I use the Darkvoice to drive my Senn 580's and my Beyer 880/600's. I felt I needed something that likes lower impedence phones better, but I didn't want to break the bank. This little Schiit is prefect for me and my budget.

13. Defiant00
    Quote:

I realize my Grados aren't the same, but going off of the various headphones I tried while I had my M&M the gain will probably be too high unless you digitally attenuate.

14. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

What, you mean something like this? [​IMG]

frankenmagni.jpg

se

15. swmtnbiker

Now that is a sweet little box! [​IMG]

First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next