1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by barry s, Dec 12, 2012.
Tags:
First

Back
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
Next

Last
  1. MPBateman
    Money saved is money for more audio. I've heard complaints on the audio pot, is this something schiit has fixed or is it just a first batch defect?

2. kimvictor
    Quote:
    I had #134 or something and it had slightly off centered volume pot, but it was perfectly functional. Not much of an issue at all.

3. Defiant00
    Quote:

I believe the concerns about the pot were related to low level channel imbalance (just a fact with an analog volume controls) + how quickly the volume increases with the Magni. Since it isn't a defect it hasn't been changed (at least as far as we've been told).

4. kimvictor
    Quote:
    Oh, he was talking about that? That can be an issue with some sensitive things, but not really an defect. I guess you need that kind of power to be called 1.2watts@32ohms.

5. MPBateman
    So the Magni might not be the best choice for IEM's or low impedance headphones? After reading about twenty or so reviews, I am seeing some reviewers say it is completely neutral while others saying it has a bump up in the bottom end while maintaining neutrality up top. Anyone hearing the same things as these? Either way it lures me in.

6. kimvictor
    Quote:
    Wonder where you got the bumped up bottom. It's flat. Maybe even call it bright. Bass is not bloated at all. Anyways, I've had good matching with one of my iem(twfk based), but not with SE535, due to insane sensitivity of SE535. But you should be fine, because you can control the volume on your computer/DAP without too much SQ lost.

7. MPBateman
    Got the bumped bottom end from a review by Ed Noble on The-Ear.net I think. Don't know his reputation so, I'll take that with a  grain of salt. I don't own any headphones over 250 ohms so would the 1.2watts@32ohms even be beneficial?

8. kimvictor
    What headphones do you plan on using?

9. Defiant00
    I definitely disagree with the Magni having any sort of bass emphasis, it is quite neutral and clean overall.

As far as pairing it with low-impedance cans, as long as you can adjust the volume of your source if necessary then you should be fine.

10. slayerming2
    Hey do you guys think the magni/modi would be able to power the hifiman 400 and 500?

11. kimvictor
    400 yes. 500, so so. Though I recommend a higher end set up for 500.

12. Defiant00

It'll easily get loud enough for both, and I'd consider the M&M a good place to start with either of those cans.

13. slayerming2
    Sweet so I guess I might be soon listening to the hifiman 400 or 500 soon with the magni/modi. Uhh still have to decide which one to get......

14. MPBateman
    Quote:
    DT770 pro 250, Grado SR60i, ATH-AD700, a couple of IEM's, and also would like to have an amp as I continue to upgrade headphones.

15. kimvictor
    Quote:
    I've had the AD700 and they go well with Magni. But iems with magni is not so smart, unless you don't have any sensitive iems. They do hiss and might be too loud for iems.

First

Back
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
Next

Last