Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 5, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #20,386 of 23,493
Sorry, I already bought the Mickey's. I think the Hello Kitty's are still available but the earpads are like super greasy.

:sweat_smile:
I could rock some hello kittys at work! No one would notice, right?

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #20,387 of 23,493
Apr 6, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #20,389 of 23,493
Another prime example to have a decent calibrated tube tester if you got loads of tubes.

Totally agree.

Wait....

What?!!?!?

Apr 6, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #20,390 of 23,493
The grease is the latest in diy tech, it softens digital etch!

Dang kids and their newfangled tweaks.

I think this greasy stuff is excess/leftover Rogaine, so not sure if it would have the same effect...

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #20,391 of 23,493
@bcowen , think I should take a chance on 1 of Brent`s minimum testing 7306 D getters for $600?!?
Seriously for a seller charging those sky high prices I`d expect pristine testing tubes EVERY time. Bangybangtubes like comical relief from this seller as well?!?
Another prime example of having a decent calibrated tube tester if you have a butt load of tubes?
Maybe I`ll put that in my sig to save typing this hundreds of times?

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #20,392 of 23,493
@bcowen , think I should take a chance on 1 of Brent`s minimum testing 7306 D getters for $600?!?
Seriously for a seller charging those sky high prices I`d expect pristine testing tubes EVERY time. Bangybangtubes like comical relief from this seller as well?!?
Another prime example of having a decent calibrated tube tester if you have a butt load of tubes?
Maybe I`ll put that in my sig to save typing this hundreds of times?

You mean 7316? Nearly dead for $600? Oh hell no. I have some that are NOS *and* test as NOS for $599 if you need any. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you should add the tube tester line to your sig. Couldn't agree more. There are some good deals to be had out there with a little perseverance.

upload_2019-4-6_10-42-54.png

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #20,393 of 23,493
You mean 7316? Nearly dead for $600? Oh hell no. I have some that are NOS *and* test as NOS for $599 if you need any. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you should add the tube tester line to your sig. Couldn't agree more. There are some good deals to be had out there with a little perseverance.

Does it need work done to it? Excellent price, affordable for any major tube roller, just sell a few tubes and it pays for itself. I'm debating whether I should chance the 5 minute drive with my neck brace on to the PO. Just put a huge turtleneck sweater on and fool the cops? You don't need to be able to turn your neck while driving right?!? You know what I think that sounds like a bad idea. Thoughts?

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #20,394 of 23,493
I think this greasy stuff is excess/leftover Rogaine, so not sure if it would have the same effect...

It's sheepskin leather conditioner, dammit!!!! IT'S LEATHER CONDITIONER!!

BTW -- it took weeks to finally get my ears to stop burning and to get the last of the KY Warming Gel off the HP ear pads. I should have known better than to take your suggestion. You are HILARIOUS -- NOT!!! :unamused:

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #20,395 of 23,493
Does it need work done to it? Excellent price, affordable for any major tube roller, just sell a few tubes and it pays for itself. I'm debating whether I should chance the 5 minute drive with my neck brace on to the PO. Just put a huge turtleneck sweater on and fool the cops? You don't need to be able to turn your neck while driving right?!? You know what I think that sounds like a bad idea. Thoughts?

Nah. Why risk it -- especially when there's Uber and Lyft!! :D.

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #20,397 of 23,493
Nah. Why risk it -- especially when there's Uber and Lyft!! :D.

I was thinking the same thing, they might accept bitcoin as payment, but don’t offer to pay them with broken tubes. O/w they will drop you off at the psych ward instead of the PO!

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #20,398 of 23,493
It's on you if male drivers take advantage of me, hope you can live with that?

When you jump in the car just say something like ...

"Thank you. I know the 5 min. trip to the Post Office is not a big money-maker for you, but I'm totally out of my genital herpes meds and need to get to the PO to pickup my refills."

You should be good. :wink:

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #20,399 of 23,493
Does it need work done to it? Excellent price, affordable for any major tube roller, just sell a few tubes and it pays for itself.

Yeah, needed a little work. Some genius had replaced the 81 fuse bulb (and socket) with a standard fuse holder and slow-blo fuse. Took a bit to find a replacement socket -- it has an isolated neutral that most modern sockets don't have. After putting that back the way it should be and replacing the electrolytics and power cord it's calibrating perfectly. Other than some wear around the thumbwheel the cosmetics in very good-to-excellent condition. If I didn't already have one I'd be keeping this one for sure.

I'm debating whether I should chance the 5 minute drive with my neck brace on to the PO. Just put a huge turtleneck sweater on and fool the cops? You don't need to be able to turn your neck while driving right?!? You know what I think that sounds like a bad idea. Thoughts?

Life gets pretty boring if you're always playing it safe. Where's the adventure? Plus there's the personal satisfaction gained from meeting the challenge if you get back home in one piece. And if you don't you can at least say you tried...

:smile:

IMG_0463.jpg

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #20,400 of 23,493
Quit showing off the soon-to-be-mine tester, dammit!!! :unamused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back