Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #18,497 of 23,493
As to what I'm currently listening to...some old, some new. Can't seem to find it in me to take the Foton 3 micas out of the amp. Feel like I'd be settling. Don't like to settle if I don't have to.
Here's some stuff...pretty mixed bag.

love the kick drum

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #18,498 of 23,493
What up fellas? How’s it be AC? TK? Bill? The Phantom? What’s everyone listening to these days and with what tubes?
2 pair of the Reflektors you bid on. Mostly classic rock and old school metal like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica. Some new stuff. Led Zeppelin, vintage Rush, AC DC etc. Greta Van Fleet is pretty darn good. Old school rock sound.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #18,499 of 23,493
2 pair of the Reflektors you bid on. Mostly classic rock and old school metal like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica. Some new stuff. Led Zeppelin, vintage Rush, AC DC etc. Greta Van Fleet is pretty darn good. Old school rock sound.

Was it Bill that first posted a video of Greeta van Fleet? Those kids are talented and I love their sound.

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #18,500 of 23,493
I like every band you mentioned and listen to them all. Love classic rock, especially Rush. I've been listening to them since 1977 when they were first spun on WMMS in Cleveland. Some women disk jockey took a chance on them and put on working man. Phone lines lit up and they became known after that day. It's all history from there. I was lucky enough to be one of the first that really heard them mainstream because I lived in Cleveland at that time. I saw them in a VERY small little club called the Agora which that particular show was all ages as I was only 18. No one basically heard of them at that time and they kicked a$$. Very raw, energetic, loud and talented for a bunch of kids. Judas Priest is another band who I was a freak for when I was a kid. The album stained glass (which was their first I believe) came out in 1978 and just blew me, especially the song Exciter. I listen to that album now and it really takes me back to some good days and times. Zeppelin (Houses of the Holy), Floyd (Animals), Black Sabbath, Boston (Boston), Foreigner (Foreigner) just to name a few that I was so in to growing up and slap them on every once inn a while now. How about UFO?

Was it Bill that first posted a video of Greeta van Fleet? Those kids are talented and I love their sound.
I remember when Bill posted that and I kinda gave him crap because of the lead singers voice. It was just that 1 song where he almost sounded like he was yodeling. I still think he sounds like he's yodeling in that song, but the rest of that song and most of everything else they have on that album is pretty darn good. I'm curious to see how far these kids go. A lot of those bands don't ever make it because of personalities, direction they want to go, yadda, yadda, yadda. But I believe they'll stick and make something of themselves. Thanx for posting Bill as I would have NEVER found them nor ever looked for them.
Good stuff guys!

You guys may not like this music as it's not for everyone, but just check out the last video I posted. Helix Nebula. Talk about talented? They certainly are, if not the most talented, they're as close as you can get. That drummer is just sick! Every member can just play from a technical standpoint better then anyone I've ever seen or listened too.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #18,503 of 23,493
I like every band you mentioned and listen to them all. Love classic rock, especially Rush. I've been listening to them since 1977 when they were first spun on WMMS in Cleveland. Some women disk jockey took a chance on them and put on working man. Phone lines lit up and they became known after that day. It's all history from there. I was lucky enough to be one of the first that really heard them mainstream because I lived in Cleveland at that time. I saw them in a VERY small little club called the Agora which that particular show was all ages as I was only 18. No one basically heard of them at that time and they kicked a$$. Very raw, energetic, loud and talented for a bunch of kids...

1974 :) Donna Halper was the DJ. People called to ask if it was the new Led Zeppelin album. I envy you your early adoption and getting to see them at the Agora. I was turned on to them in 1980 and never looked back. I have fond (and not so fond) memories at camping out in the parking lot of the local Hecht's dept. store for tickets. My wife is very accommodating of some of my better Rush paraphernalia, like the signed photo (with a shot of each; it's a big photo :wink: ) from their Rio gig in 2002. It was a charity thing whipped up by their longtime photographer Andrew McNaughton (R.I.P.). I'd kept it in its poster tube for years, then after we got married she had it framed. Cost more than the photo! Hangs proudly in the living room. Looking at it as I type.

What thread is this? Oh yeah, Rush sound great via my Stack o' Schiit, esp. when the Lyr is loaded with Rushian tubes. Rush on shuffle is my go-to when watching hockey. I schiit you not.
:beerchug:

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #18,504 of 23,493
Hey I’ve been to the Agora in Cleveland! Used to live 100 miles east in Erie, Pa. Remember seeing Ray Charles there twice, Tom Waits once and Dire Straits once. Great venue.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #18,505 of 23,493
1974 :) Donna Halper was the DJ. People called to ask if it was the new Led Zeppelin album. I envy you your early adoption and getting to see them at the Agora. I was turned on to them in 1980 and never looked back. I have fond (and not so fond) memories at camping out in the parking lot of the local Hecht's dept. store for tickets. My wife is very accommodating of some of my better Rush paraphernalia, like the signed photo (with a shot of each; it's a big photo :wink: ) from their Rio gig in 2002. It was a charity thing whipped up by their longtime photographer Andrew McNaughton (R.I.P.). I'd kept it in its poster tube for years, then after we got married she had it framed. Cost more than the photo! Hangs proudly in the living room. Looking at it as I type.

What thread is this? Oh yeah, Rush sound great via my Stack o' Schiit, esp. when the Lyr is loaded with Rushian tubes. Rush on shuffle is my go-to when watching hockey. I schiit you not.
:beerchug:
Damn man! Too cool.
I knew I should have looked it up on the year they were first introduced. That's what I get for posting off of memory and not having my ducks in a row. Anyway....you're absolutely correct as that definitely was her name and year. Also very, very cool that both you and Bill are familiar with the Agora. Back in the day, it was state of the art for up and comers (also some bigtime names too) and a great, intimate venue to see a show. I moved from Cleveland to Phoenix in 78 and haven't been back to the Agora since. Don't even know if it's still there. Awesome, it seems most of us regulars on this thread all like or love Rush. How could you not if you grew up during that time? They're an amazing bunch of guys too and talented. Down to earth and at least Geddy and Alex are 2 guys you could sit down with and have a beer with. Now Neal? Talk about books in you're in like flint.

To get back on track (even though this is a nice change of pace) does anyone have a take or experience with these? Just curious. I would think AC would know.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6N2P-V-...511428&hash=item520cc6e2c9:g:0EIAAOSwV6ta~Yk2

Ooooh, lookie here. Pretty solid deal and excellent seller too. So very tempting
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6C8G-1943-JAN-KEN-RAD-AMPLITREX-Match-Pair-6SN7-6SL7-Sub-Test-NOS-100-w-DATA/372373074234?hash=item56b32a313a:g:3xoAAOSw~xZbTz16&_sacat=0&_nkw=Ken+Rad+6c8g+tube&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6C8G-VT163...m=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #18,507 of 23,493
Finally all caught up. 8+ months of missing posts in my life. So many times I wanted to reply , but kept catching myself coz long time ago. The herd is that way -> Lol.

So who's gotta 3x 50's single foton layin around? Lol. Also looking for a 6c8g (tung-sol).
This guy raised his asking price $20 but free shipping which is a major plus. This is where I got mine and he's a good seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6C8G-VT163-1MP-2Pcs-1940s-Tungsol-round-black-plate-Milspec-Amplitrex-tested/202012976996?_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=52885&meid=a5f1842058a04378beb7995597aedbde&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=372373088995&itm=202012976996&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #18,508 of 23,493
What's sad is Billy , our monkey friend, and I all paid $60 a pair last October from the same seller. Lol. I did manage to find one for $35 :D
Still need a foton tho.

Jul 19, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #18,509 of 23,493
What's sad is Billy , our monkey friend, and I all paid $60 a pair last October from the same seller. Lol. I did manage to find one for $35 :D
Still need a foton tho.
The Fotons are pretty scarce, but if you only need a single, I have a lower testing spare (sounds totally fine) you can have for the price of postage if you don't manage to find any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back