Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 24, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #17,926 of 23,493
That's where I got my Tung Sols. And you're right, I was shocked how quick the delivery was. Beautiful black glass tubes.

Edit: I could have sworn I only paid $60 for the pair and the matched pair on ebay is now showing $120. Maybe I'm deluding myself. Think Tony bought from the same seller...Tony, do you remember how much you paid?
I double-checked my eBay purchase history: $60 it was ($45 + $15 shipping, IIRC, which was totally worth it given the speed of delivery). Now shipping is FREE! LOL.

May 24, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #17,927 of 23,493
I double-checked my eBay purchase history: $60 it was ($45 + $15 shipping, IIRC, which was totally worth it given the speed of delivery). Now shipping is FREE! LOL.

They’ve totally gone up in price. Audiophiles are looking for alternatives to the RPBG 6sn7s which will run $150 for a single tube now. So they went with the 6F8Gs with the adapter and depleted those lol. Now they are going for $200 a pair and so they moved on to the TS 6C8Gs.

Luckily it looks like the Sylvania, KR, and RCAs are still going for a good price.

May 24, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #17,928 of 23,493
That's where I got my Tung Sols. And you're right, I was shocked how quick the delivery was. Beautiful black glass tubes.

Edit: I could have sworn I only paid $60 for the pair and the matched pair on ebay is now showing $120. Maybe I'm deluding myself. Think Tony bought from the same seller...Tony, do you remember how much you paid?

$60 is what I paid, plus $30 shipping. I purchased a pair a while after you, and long after Tony. Same seller.

May 24, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #17,933 of 23,493
Good catch, at least with the Lyr 2 you need 2 pair of socket savers (four in all) to lift the huge adapters all the way out of the tube pit since the hole is too small. So that's an additional expense but a one-time one.

For some reason the adapters I've ordered sit in customs a lot longer than the 2C51 adapters. Maybe their Frankenstein appearance makes them look more suspicious. They probably have landed me on a no-fly list.

I see Autostart has dropped the eBay price on his Ericsson 2C51s to $97 so I bit. Can't have too many 2C51s, right?

There's no such thing as too many tubes. :slight_smile:

May 24, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #17,934 of 23,493
There's no such thing as too many tubes. :slight_smile:
I'm proving that statement daily.
Would anyone be willing for the He// of it to state how many tubes (sets and singles) that you currently own?
I have no problem doing this because isn't this Tubes AAA? Am I in the right place? The initial healing process is recognizing and acknowledging I believe.
I have 53 pairs and 21 singles with no end in sight.
Just curious.

May 24, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #17,936 of 23,493
I'm proving that statement daily.
Would anyone be willing for the He// of it to state how many tubes (sets and singles) that you currently own?
I have no problem doing this because isn't this Tubes AAA? Am I in the right place? The initial healing process is recognizing and acknowledging I believe.
I have 53 pairs and 21 singles with no end in sight.
Just curious.

I can't count that high.
This is just the 9-pin and small octals, minus the recently acquired Foton stash. I'm too lazy to dig the big tubes out. :relaxed:

Tubes2.jpg

Tubes1.jpg

May 24, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #17,938 of 23,493
My God, I feel so small now. LOL. Damn!

Just trying to make everyone feel better about their addiction. There's always someone worse. :slight_smile:

I've been at this for 25 years, and got addicted when I first tried a pair of RCA 5AR4's in an amp that came with Chinese rectifiers. That 'Holy Crap' moment lives on to this day. :smile:

May 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #17,939 of 23,493
Whelp...I just grabbed another pair of NOS 5998's...and I'm not gonna say how many I now have. :thinking:

My wife and I have a rule. She doesn't count my tube boxes and I don't count her shoe boxes. Still married, 31 years. :)

Cheers.

May 24, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #17,940 of 23,493
27 pairs, 12 of which still need burning in. Oops.

The scary part is I've only been tube rolling *since February.*

But I have to say the Lyr 2 and these rolling tubes have given me more enjoyment of my music than anything else since I got my first iPod Classic eight years ago. Listening right now with my 1964 Siemens PCC88 grey shield tubes (a recommendation from AC, who was spot on as usual) and Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm cans and all is right with the world.

I don't thank you guys often enough so thanks TK, billerb, Thurston, AuditoryCanvas, Autostart, koover and all the rest for getting me in the deep end of all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back