Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 15, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #17,806 of 23,493
I shed a tear, Russian sellers not sending what you ordered? Totally unheard of! :ksc75smile:

That's not very nice. I may have to rethink my vote. :slight_smile::smile:

I don't use those tubes, so while I'm feelin' bad for AC, no tears for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm gettin' ready to send a batch of my Foton 6h8c's to Cryo International for a deep freeze. Quite a while back I did an A/B comparison between identical tubes, one pair cryo'd and the other not. Pretty audible improvement in the cryo'd ones, but not like night and day. Be interesting to see what happens with the Fotons.

May 15, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #17,807 of 23,493
Always more than I am willing to pay, though this ends on a weekday which means usually somewhat less than ending on the weekend. Bought from this seller before. She I think, includes German candy. Though I think the Swasticka (sp) ones are past their expiration date.

May 15, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #17,808 of 23,493
I fear ThurstonX has been lost somewhere the Tibetan Himalayas in what now appears to be his tragic search for Guidostrunk. All I can say is thanks for the effort Tony. You won't be forgotten.

May 16, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #17,813 of 23,493
I am using the LISST 100% of the time now. They just give a more neutral and correct sound. But sometimes, especially when someone else want to listen, I will use some mixed russian tubes to get a richer sound. People that are not into neutrality seem to prefer tubes. It is more immersive and powerful.

For me, tubes always end up fatiguing my ears. They are for special occasions only.

I have a lot of tubes that I could sell by the way, I have many Reflektors 73, 74, 75, other russian tubes, Amperex PQ USA gold pins, and Orange globes 69 I think. If you want some, message me I think I can sale for a decent price. And they are barely used.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #17,815 of 23,493
I am using the LISST 100% of the time now. They just give a more neutral and correct sound. But sometimes, especially when someone else want to listen, I will use some mixed russian tubes to get a richer sound. People that are not into neutrality seem to prefer tubes. It is more immersive and powerful.

For me, tubes always end up fatiguing my ears. They are for special occasions only.

I have a lot of tubes that I could sell by the way, I have many Reflektors 73, 74, 75, other russian tubes, Amperex PQ USA gold pins, and Orange globes 69 I think. If you want some, message me I think I can sale for a decent price. And they are barely used.

"People that are not into neutrality seem to prefer tubes."

Through my tubes, I hear a pile of kindling being put together. Perhaps it's something else and the lack of neutrality is fooling me, or are we just lacking a match?

May 16, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #17,816 of 23,493
He lives !!! But he does not speak.
I'm diggin' the Tesla ECC88s AC turned me onto, though I doubt most here would. He can speak better to what they offer, though he has recently. I seem to recall him using the term "neutral," which I'd say is pretty accurate. Certainly not "warm," but they do have a pretty good level of plankton retrieval with my HE-560s. If the mix/mastering has *oomph*, they deliver it. For $40 shipped speedily from Sofia, I'm happy. A quad of 1953 Foton 6NS8s from Putinville are due next week (I hope), so if I get a working pair, I'll be happy. I remember liking the 1958 pair I have, and older is better. I think you taught me that one, B :wink:

Now, I must get back to my quest. If I'm not walking back from the Antarctic with a Sammy-shaped penguin on my back, I will have failed.

May 16, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #17,817 of 23,493
I'm diggin' the Tesla ECC88s AC turned me onto, though I doubt most here would. He can speak better to what they offer, though he has recently. I seem to recall him using the term "neutral," which I'd say is pretty accurate. Certainly not "warm," but they do have a pretty good level of plankton retrieval with my HE-560s. If the mix/mastering has *oomph*, they deliver it. For $40 shipped speedily from Sofia, I'm happy. A quad of 1953 Foton 6NS8s from Putinville are due next week (I hope), so if I get a working pair, I'll be happy. I remember liking the 1958 pair I have, and older is better. I think you taught me that one, B :wink:

Now, I must get back to my quest. If I'm not walking back from the Antarctic with a Sammy-shaped penguin on my back, I will have failed.

"A quad of 1953 Foton 6NS8s..."

Did you get the ribbed plate version?

May 16, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #17,818 of 23,493
"People that are not into neutrality seem to prefer tubes."

Through my tubes, I hear a pile of kindling being put together. Perhaps it's something else and the lack of neutrality is fooling me, or are we just lacking a match?

Yeah... I like to eat my potatoes with some ketchup.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #17,819 of 23,493
"A quad of 1953 Foton 6NS8s..."

Did you get the ribbed plate version?
Ribbed, eh? No clue. How can one tell? They were in the aisle with the KY and condoms, so... :wink: I just hope they test well and sound good. Eargasms FTW.

May 17, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #17,820 of 23,493

The Tesla ECC88s are really underrated; AC turned me on to those as well. I think they were his first recommendation for me in a long string of winners.

Right now finishing burn-in on a pair of 1985 6N3P Reflektors I got for free as a throw-in with my Bugle Boys and never got around to trying. I'm very pleasantly surprised by them; really nice, slightly bright, so best with dark headphones. Great presence and holographic presentation. Chamber music and baroque sound exquisite through them. Hard to beat the price too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back