Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #8,986 of 23,493
The yellows I got weren't from swiss tubes. Lol. Laurence, got a sweet deal on a quad , on ebay. Once the price he paid for the quad hit him, and all the awesome tubes the guy was selling. He assumed that they were fake. Fellow headfier Mikoss , bought a pair of Tele CCa's , from the same seller and said how outstanding they were. Then I chimed in with my drool, over the yellows.

I gambled and traded my Dumonts(Heerlen 7308's) for a pair, and never looked back. When your gut tells you something. Never go against it. :wink:

Now the yellows are in very good hands, and are causing another drool session in a different setting.

To concur , with the description given regarding the Valvo's , "hurting the brain" above. It took me a good week to adjust to the 3D , holographic insanity. Cocktails and a few other things, helped me focus better. Lol
Once the brain locks in, and pulls the whole spectrum together as one entity. That's when the orgasm......um..... yeah .. eargasm takes hold.

Enjoy the hunt folks!

:beerchug:

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #8,987 of 23,493
Hahaha :D

Well as far as I recall the legendary yellow labeled Valvo CCas of Guidostrunk were bought from swiss-tubes, right? :) Who knows perhaps more will appear, last time they were selling for a good time until they stopped, a little before new years. They even sent a newsletter to all that bought tubes from them to ask what kinds of tubes we would be interested in buying :D They never replied to me though... but let's see :)

I might be mistaken but I don't think Guido's yellows were bought at Swiss Tubes. Sam got them through Laurence, a fellow Head-Fi'er, who was the original buyer...and I'm pretty sure he got them from a different seller...a seller who many were suspecting of selling counterfeits. So, LMAO, Sam's legendary yellows might have been "made" by a little old lady in a Warsaw bed and breakfast in between her knitting projects. You never know where your own personal HG's might turn up.

Bitch knew what she was doin.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #8,989 of 23,493
These 3 single pinched waists just went in the last couple hours. Anyone here? Same buyer got 2 of them. Two buyers were battling it out for all 3. Man, the pinched waists are all getting totally out of control on price. I will say that all three were early and relatively rare Heerlen vintages, 7L1's and 7L2's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301919269725?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301919262421?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301919257735?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #8,990 of 23,493
I did post about getting some Valvo red label E188CC tubes from swiss-tubes that sound a lot like what Guido described with his yellow labels. They are noticeably more holographic than any of my other tubes and hurt my brain after I listen to them for a while. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

I'ld love to try some of that.... Care to share the codes so I can find a pair like that?

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #8,991 of 23,493
I'ld love to try some of that.... Care to share the codes so I can find a pair like that?

Sure. I'll take a look at them after work.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #8,992 of 23,493

tvnosaint, you owe this woman.  And she is taking orders for bedspreads and sweaters too !!

I'll dust her old drawers out for a few more pairs . Treat a lady right

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #8,993 of 23,493
These 3 single pinched waists just went in the last couple hours. Anyone here? Same buyer got 2 of them. Two buyers were battling it out for all 3. Man, the pinched waists are all getting totally out of control on price. I will say that all three were early and relatively rare Heerlen vintages, 7L1's and 7L2's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301919269725?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301919262421?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301919257735?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

At this point and for several years I'm thinking I'm never gonna have a pair of pws. That's $650 for an unmatched pair.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #8,994 of 23,493
At this point and for several years I'm thinking I'm never gonna have a pair of pws. That's $650 for an unmatched pair.

Don't give up hope but it certainly is getting harder and harder to steal a pair.  I have 3 pairs now and I've paid the following:
1956 7L0 (first year PW production) Eindhoven/Heerlen - $225.  Seller had them advertised wrong.  Thought they were 1966.  No printing on the tubes other than date codes.  These are my best pair to my ears.  Richest, lushest PW tone.  And it's all about tone on the PW's
1956 7L1 Valvo Cca PW's (white print) - Brent Jessee said these were the rarest of the rare and said a pair should go for $800 to $1200.  I got them separately for about $400.  They are slightly more detailed than the above Eindhoven/Heerlen pair but not quite as tone dense.
1957 7L3 Amperex 6922 - Bought  separately as well.  Think they were $425 total.  Excellent mix of detail and rich timbre.  Be hard pressed to pick between these and the Valvo Cca PW's.

So it can be done but it's a big expense, even at these 'steal' prices.  And a lot of people don't think the PW's sound any better than many straight bottle Philips/Valvo/Amperex tubes of early vintage.  So again it's your ears and your wallet.  The PW's to me are like any other high quality tube.  There are some exceptional ones (where all the magic is hidden) and then there are the ordinary ones, that really don't warrant paying for the "name".  You roll the dice and take your chances.  I've had 2 other pairs of PW's that fell into that category to me and I sold them.  One thought is that there is a very big difference in sound between the Holland PW's and the American made PW's.  AND as a general rule the American made PW's go for less money than the Hollands.  Many in the past on this forum have said that they much prefer the American made ones.  I had one pair and their sound was VERY detailed, very raw and very live.  I could see it being a PW that some would prefer over Holland sound, Holland's being richer and sweeter especially through the mids.  If you are a lover of the Russian HG Reflektors I would guess that you may prefer the American made PW sound.  It's Heelen for me though and I describe the exceptional Holland PW's as sounding like Miniwatts on steroids.
Happy hunting.  And if you see anything out there...don't tell a soul.  (Tip courtesy of ThurstonX)

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #8,996 of 23,493
I'll dust her old drawers out for a few more pairs . Treat a lady right

Why do you assume old ladies don't have sex?  Or was that not a nasty metaphor you were droppin', cuz it sure read like one... not that there's anything wrong with that.

And with that image in your heads, enjoy yer evenin's, boys! 
atsmile.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #8,997 of 23,493

Don't give up hope but it certainly is getting harder and harder to steal a pair.  I have 3 pairs now and I've paid the following:
1956 7L0 (first year PW production) Eindhoven/Heerlen - $225.  Seller had them advertised wrong.  Thought they were 1966.  No printing on the tubes other than date codes.  These are my best pair to my ears.  Richest, lushest PW tone.  And it's all about tone on the PW's
1956 7L1 Valvo Cca PW's (white print) - Brent Jessee said these were the rarest of the rare and said a pair should go for $800 to $1200.  I got them separately for about $400.  They are slightly more detailed than the above Eindhoven/Heerlen pair but not quite as tone dense.
1957 7L3 Amperex 6922 - Bought  separately as well.  Think they were $425 total.  Excellent mix of detail and rich timbre.  Be hard pressed to pick between these and the Valvo Cca PW's.

So it can be done but it's a big expense, even at these 'steal' prices.  And a lot of people don't think the PW's sound any better than many straight bottle Philips/Valvo/Amperex tubes of early vintage.  So again it's your ears and your wallet.  The PW's to me are like any other high quality tube.  There are some exceptional ones (where all the magic is hidden) and then there are the ordinary ones, that really don't warrant paying for the "name".  You roll the dice and take your chances.  I've had 2 other pairs of PW's that fell into that category to me and I sold them.  One thought is that there is a very big difference in sound between the Holland PW's and the American made PW's.  AND as a general rule the American made PW's go for less money than the Hollands.  Many in the past on this forum have said that they much prefer the American made ones.  I had one pair and their sound was VERY detailed, very raw and very live.  I could see it being a PW that some would prefer over Holland sound, Holland's being richer and sweeter especially through the mids.  If you are a lover of the Russian HG Reflektors I would guess that you may prefer the American made PW sound.  It's Heelen for me though and I describe the exceptional Holland PW's as sounding like Miniwatts on steroids.
Happy hunting.  And if you see anything out there...don't tell a soul.  (Tip courtesy of ThurstonX)

$150 pair of P-W Heerlens, plus a nice drive through the Old Dominion's verdant countryside to pick them up.

Loose lips sink ships.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #8,998 of 23,493
Why do you assume old ladies don't have sex?  Or was that not a nasty metaphor you were droppin', cuz it sure read like one... not that there's anything wrong with that.

And with that image in your heads, enjoy yer evenin's, boys! :atsmile:

I don't , it was, that's correct. Subtly smiling and saying " yes they do" what ever mcconaughey said in dazed.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #8,999 of 23,493
$150 pair of P-W Heerlens, plus a nice drive through the Old Dominion's verdant countryside to pick them up.

Loose lips sink ships.

Loose lips sink ships. You killed me with that. One of my favorite lines ever. Had a Loose Lips poster up in my room all of high school.
You are a prophet.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #9,000 of 23,493

Looks like the same engraved codes on both tubes: VR6 45E4. Now someone work their tarot card readings and interpret those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back