1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
First

Back
1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523
1525 1526 1527 1528
Next

Last
  1. Wes S
    You get what you pay for. :wink: This seller's tubes are legit, and worth a little extra for all the testing his does. Also, his return policy is great as well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  2. Wes S
    I concur.

bcowen likes this.
  3. TK16
    GE 5670 are awfully bright to the max. Avoid.

4. bcowen
    Good choice on the adapters. Deyan does high quality work.

5. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  6. bcowen
    TK16 likes this.
  7. kolkoo
    I have a tube from tubemonger a while ago that one pin just falls off like that. But if you push it in tube works. Perhaps this is the case here and tube can be repaired by just inserting a pin from a shittier tube that you don't need (or a broken one) and adding some super glue on the outside to keep it in.

bcowen likes this.
  8. bcowen
    Interesting. I think @TK16 should buy it snd give that a try. :smiley:

TK16 likes this.
  9. Ripper2860
    It's genius, actually. By leaving a pin securely stuck in the amp socket, one is ensured of properly aligning the tube and always placing that tube back in the amp correctly. :smirk:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    gimmeheadroom and bcowen like this.
  10. bcowen
    There's a gap between pin 1 and pin 9 that corresponds with the same gap in the socket. That's what people in developed countries use to align the tube correctly, but whatever works for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wes S likes this.
  11. Ripper2860
    Belt and Suspenders. :wink:

bcowen likes this.
  12. bcowen
    You use those for, um, what? Tube dampers? I don't much care for dampers (or "coolers") on my tubes, but that's just me. :laughing:

Ripper2860 likes this.
  13. Ripper2860
    Yeah, I suspect you want nothing to come between you and the tube when 'fondling' them. :smirk:

bcowen likes this.
  14. AuditoryCanvas
    bcowen likes this.
  15. Hypespazm
    Hey Guys Ive had the LYR with LISST Tubes for about a month now.. just finally ordered some Amperex 6DJ8 ECC88 Twin Triode Tubes Short plate..... I did a bit of research Im hoping these will fit!,

My main goal to get from this amp and the tubes its more layering on the sound and get a more all around softer sound, I feel that right now my current set up through my hd600's is just overpowering and thin... as in I have all the power loudness but i dont get a rich and full sound.. The amp feels harsh and uncolored...

if that makes any sense...
    My question is. What should I expect from these new tubes? Should I be looking into another amp perhaps... one thing I dont like about this amp so far is how it pics up distortion from most audio sources.

Any tips and Advice is appreciated! thanks

EDIT, I am NEW to Tubes AMPS and Tube ROLLING please keep this in mind im a noob!!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
First

Back
1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523
1525 1526 1527 1528
Next

Last