1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    Will Smith was already here, got rid of him quick. I invited him to watch the Fresh Prince of Belair marathon followed by him doing rap karaoke.

bcowen likes this.
  2. bcowen
    Fresh Prince of Belair marathon? What, are you a closet masochist and run out of GE's? :relaxed:

TK16 likes this.
  3. TK16
    Empty threat, hate saying this but I'll take dimple getter Heerlen 6DJ8 variants and GE tubes for life instead of what I offered.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  4. Ripper2860
    Smell ya later ...

5. TK16
    Apologies I made that post before taking a shower.

Ripper2860 and bcowen like this.
  6. SoundCloud85
    I have a pair of Mullard 12AU7's with codes 6F2 B6A4 and 6F2 B6A3. Could someone please tell me when these were produced? I'm unsure if they're produced in 66' or 76' but according to the change code of 2, it appears as though it's 66. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that. Thank you

7. Wes S
    My money is on them, being from 66'.

Ripper2860 and SoundCloud85 like this.
  8. SoundCloud85
    Thanks a lot man!

Wes S likes this.
  9. Wes S
    After thoroughly burning in, I am happy to report the Mullard cv2492 Mitcham Wrinkle Glass are keepers. These tubes have an incredibly layered and euphonically textured midrange, that is exactly why I got into tubes to begin with. They might be rolled a bit off the top, but everything else is perfection, and I can listen loud and fatigue free. A very fun tube, and one I will be listening with for a good while. I held off on trying these tubes for a long time, because I thought they were going to be a warm wooly mess, but that is definitely not the case. Happy hunting and rolling. :o2smile:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Strat1117, Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  10. TK16
    Incorrect, 1866 is not the year of production

bcowen and Wes S like this.
  11. Wes S
    Thanks for the laugh! I needed that.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TK16 likes this.
  12. Strat1117
    I found some national 7dj8 in the back of a desk drawer today. I had bought these for my modulus 3A, but they weren’t a good match. Didn’t remember that I still had them. I’m sure they’ve already been written about somewhere in the preceding 1507 pages, so I’ll just mention that my first impression is very good - smooth, good depth, nice extension at both frequency extremes and an absolutely delicious midrange clarity. Think I will keep them in for a while. Not giving up on my still favorite tungsrams, just looking for a tad more scarlet in my begonias, and these might just be the ticket.

13. TK16
  14. Wes S
    bcowen likes this.
  15. SoundCloud85
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019