1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. AuditoryCanvas
    Bangybang is preparing the printing press this very moment....

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  2. bcowen
    Please work on using the correct terminology. It’s called Carolina Blue. Thanks in advance. :stuck_out_tongue:

3. Ripper2860
    I don't think so ...

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  4. koover
    Well I’ve got a really big empty box that I’m not using anymore. I finally moved out of it and got a tiny home.
    Oh it’s only $50 and l’ll throw in my old shopping cart, a can of Lysol and my cardboard signs I used to use on the street corner as an added bonus.

Ripper2860 and bcowen like this.
  5. bcowen
    LOL!

You’ll have to paint it Puke Blue if you want to get @Ripper2860 interested though.... :scream:

koover, Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  6. TK16
    That empty box tablet is up to $200 now with lot of time left. $199 was as far as I would go personally.

Ripper2860 and bcowen like this.
  7. bcowen
    Cheapskate.

Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  8. TK16
  9. koover
    bcowen and TK16 like this.
  10. TK16
    Yeah considering my empty box came with a free tablet for $550. Probably going to eclipse that.

koover and bcowen like this.
  11. Tacanacy
    Which Lyr is this for?

12. Ripper2860
    The suggested tubes are typical of those for Lyr 2.

bcowen and G0rt like this.
  13. G0rt
    Is there any advantage of Siemens & Halske E81CC over the Brimar CV4033 in a Schiit amp? Detail, transparency, etc?

14. Ripper2860
    I cannot say as I do not have the Siemens tube. I do have the Brimar CV-4033s and can say that they are fantastic. Many here rate them as very near the top of their personal rankings - even surpassing more expensive tubes.

bcowen and G0rt like this.
  15. G0rt
    Cool.

I learned about the Brimars here, and now use them in both Mjolnir 2 and Valhala 2. I do sometimes roll in others, just to see, but to date the Brimars rule.

I've heard that Siemens can offer superior detail resolution, so I have some curiosity.