1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    With the tubes you have, I would stay away from any dimple getter tube. At best they are mediocre to what you have and/or they are the worst tubes I ever heard personally on my equipment. Those 50`s disc getter Siemens you will probably have a great experience imo.

PS: not a joke post.

Wes S and bcowen like this.
  2. bcowen
    I did that once and promised myself to never do it again. I came too close to not going back to work....ever. :smile:

jb77, TK16 and Wes S like this.
  3. roman410
    Thank you guys for your inputs.

I bought my tubes back in august 2015 from rb2013, guy who make them popular before he left this site. Tubes was tested on his tube tester Sencor TC-162 with no short and gas leak. I remember he post picture of full box of tubes what do not pass testing.

For last 18 months this was my prime tubes on my amp, and I used them aprox. 1000hrs. Also get update from amp manufacturer, and they found the second failure was a result of an incomplete repair of the first failure.

Unfortunately I do not have tube tester, mostly for the reason I settle down with my favorites, and don't "hunting" for tubes any more. It is anybody here who can retested them for me? I can do that in person( living on northeast NJ) or by the mail, I will appreciate, thinking if they pass testing they still can be usable.

Btw. if somebody have for sale one pair tested of 6N23P - HG '75 reflektor SWGP silver shields tubes, can send me PM, I will interest to buy.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  4. bcowen
    Shoot me a PM. I'm in NC so you'd have to ship them, but I'd be happy to test them for you.

Wes S and TK16 like this.
  5. Ripper2860
    Will you be declaring the 'highly sought-after tubes" as failed and then keeping them for yourself as you did with me? :unamused:

J/K -- @bcowen is a good and honest gentleman. Pay no mind to they say about him here on HF or at Interpol. :smirk:

bcowen likes this.
  6. bcowen
    Well, yeah. Duh.

:smile:

7. TK16
    Can a tube that blows out amps do any major damage to a tester or a fuse would blow to protect the tester? I know you have me on ignore maybe someone here can quote this post so @bcowen can see it? :ksc75smile:

bcowen likes this.
  8. bcowen
    I would never have you on ignore, @TK16 . Ripper, yes, but not you. :relaxed:

With most vintage testers (including your 752), as long as you do a shorts test first and don't hit the GM button with a shorted (or very high leakage) tube, chances of damaging the tester are very slim. The #81 bulb protects from overcurrent -- it should flash bright and burn out if such a condition exists, and the #49 bulb should protect the bias pot in a fault condition in the same way. Just be sure you have genuine 81's and 49's in there and never do a GM test on a shorted tube.

Wes S, roman410 and TK16 like this.
  9. attmci
    Single-Nebraska-License-Plate-1996-7316.jpg

bcowen and Wes S like this.
  10. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  11. bcowen
    TK16 likes this.
  12. TK16
    :ksc75smile: As a courtesy to the community, I will sell my EMPTY box Tab S6 to 1 lucky individual for a mere half on what that auction goes for. :ksc75smile:

bcowen likes this.
  13. Ripper2860
    Seller declined my Best Offer of $150. :frowning2:

TK16 and bcowen like this.
  14. TK16
    Fear not your $150 offer is accepted by me. I'll get the empty box out to you on Monday.

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  15. Ripper2860
    I'm afraid that I'm no longer in the market. @bcowen PM'ed me and offered a Sky Blue empty box for $125. Jumped on it before he could retract his offer to sell. :ksc75smile:

bcowen and TK16 like this.