1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. attmci
    There is a new tube dealer born every min. :)

motberg and bcowen like this.
  2. TK16
    I want you to try any GE tube you have next, want to see if my theory of last tube in is the best ever. Seriously the D getter ECC82's Heerlen tubes are that good.

bcowen and Wes S like this.
  3. Wes S
    Sorry, can't help you on that one, as I don't have a single G.E. tube. in the house. I could only imagine the difference between the two, would be night vs. day. :wink:

TK16 and bcowen like this.
  4. bcowen
    You are obviously a man with astute wisdom. This may be bothersome though to @TK16 as GE's are some of his favorites. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wes S and TK16 like this.
  5. TK16
    Don't know about that, I recently took apart my GE dishwasher to make sure there were no GE tubes in it. Was worse than I thought, it has LM E 2C51's square getters. That explains why the dishwasher is scolding hot.

Wes S and bcowen like this.
  6. bcowen
    My dishwasher's name is Mary. Same last name as mine though. :smiley::smile:

TK16 likes this.
  7. bcowen
    If anybody has been looking for one of these, now's your chance. These Hickok Meldrums are super rare -- in fact I think this is the only one in existence. :slight_smile:

upload_2019-8-25_11-16-40.png

TK16 likes this.
  8. TK16
    Auction for that went unsold yesterday, amazing some of the prices I have seen on vintage stuff. Tubes, testers etc.

9. Ripper2860
    Yes. Yes. And Yes. :slight_smile:

Wes S likes this.
  10. Wes S
    Awesome! They are killer tubes! The transparency is unreal, and the headphones just disappear, with that tube.

11. Wes S
    Just to elaborate a bit on the 58' Holland Long Plate D foil getter, if I could use only one word, it would be organic. This tube is just right for me, and is not quite as airy as the 7316, with a bit more weight and depth, in the lower mids and bass, while still being just as resolving. There is not a hint of harshness and I can listen to this tube all day long. The Holland long plate foil d getter 58', is a killer tube, and hangs with all the greats for sure.

Current tube 12au7/ECC82 tube rankings -

CBS/Hytron 5814a 50's bent getter = 7316 long plate foil d getter = Brimar CV4034 = Mullard ECC82 Blackburn long plate square getter = Sylvania Gold Brand or JHS 5814a triple mica grey plate square getter = Amperex ECC82 long plate foil d getter = Brimar 56' ECC82 square getter

All tied for #1, so take your pic depending on your mood, as they are all killer tubes.

I love the 12au7!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    TK16 likes this.
  12. Wes S
  13. TK16
    Got my replacement 57 Heerlen ECC82 in. Tested slightly better then the bad tube @ 510-1,500.
    New one 2,150-2,125. Still have not heard back from that seller for a return, I'd never buy from that guy again, linked seller earlier in the thread.

Wes S likes this.
  14. gardibolt
    Yes my last transaction with him he tried to palm off a Sylvania as a Tung Sol; when I complained and he agreed to exchange I got another Sylvania. His website is a fun read, but never again.

The Bugle Boy talk is making me think of putting my 1958s in to replace the 7316s finally. I like the sound on them as well.

Wes S likes this.
  15. Wes S
    I actually prefer that ECC82 Holland to the 7316, as it has stronger bass, and a little more weight to the sound.