1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. mattrudy80
    Got 6SC7 adapters in the mail... '49/'50 RCA 6SC7=pure musical bliss. :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    bcowen and TK16 like this.
  2. TK16
    You sure you need 49 or 50 count RCA tubes? Anything more than 400 RCA's could be considered hoarding.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    bcowen and mattrudy80 like this.
  3. bcowen
    That is one mega-gain tube! 3.5x the 6SN7...very similar to a 6SL7 except with a lot more plate resistance. Be interesting to hear how it sounds.

4. bcowen
    Poppycock. 400 RCA's is the hoard line. You're behind the times, TK. :smiley:

mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  5. TK16
    Could of sworn I said 400 tubes, I'd recheck my previous post to make sure.

bcowen likes this.
  6. mattrudy80
    RCA's are great. The tungsol brown base, which I thought I'd love are only okay. I have some National Union's at home I'll have to dig up and try.

bcowen likes this.
  7. bcowen
    We're going to have to put your edit function authorizations under review at the next Tube Listeners Association meeting. :hushed:

TK16 likes this.
  8. TK16
    I have the backing of the Tube Sellers Association of America, not sure it is a real entity or not. Think OldGuyRippaoffaRadiola might of made that up. Either way the edit function works as of this post.

bcowen likes this.
  9. bcowen
    The Tube Listeners Association doesn't meet until next week, so you're safe at least until then. :wink:

Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  10. Wes S
    7316 Long Plate Foil D Getter is Magical!

This is the best tube I have ever heard, and everything from lows to highs is perfect. The since of ease and air, combined with details and warmth, and completely 3d sound is stunning. The weight of the notes is awesome. The lows, mids and highs, are all equally euphonically textured and to top it off, the background is black as can be. The sound stage is expansive and I feel like I am hearing everything in the recording with ease and it sounds real, as if I was there. It was literally like hearing every song, that I have listened to hundreds of times, for the first time.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    jb77, bcowen, Ripper2860 and 2 others like this.
  11. Ripper2860
    Are you Freakin' Kidding Me??!!

What's the going rate for a kidney? :unamused:

<Deep Breaths> OK -- I'm waiting to see how the Brimar CV4034s sound before making any rash decisions. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    jb77, Wes S and bcowen like this.
  12. TK16
    For your own sanity, I'm not going to mention that 59 D getter short plate you can find in my signature.

Wes S, bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  13. Ripper2860
    I really do appreciate that you are not mentioning that 59 D getter short plate I can find in your signature. You are a swell guy -- I don't care what Bill says about you. :unamused:

Wes S, bcowen and TK16 like this.
  14. Ripper2860
    BTW -- Rolled a pair of Tung Sol 2C51s into my VH2 and they are quite nice. Gotta give the WEs a slight edge, but these work nicely with live jazz via my HP setup. :wink:

Wes S and bcowen like this.
  15. Wes S
    I always liked those Tung Sol in my Valhalla, and have a good stash of those. They are a little more clean sounding than the WE.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Ripper2860 likes this.