1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    Ripper2860 likes this.
  2. nwavesailor
  3. bcowen
    Is the password still 'GE_RULES' or did you change it? :smiley:

TK16 and Ripper2860 like this.
  4. TK16
  5. TK16
    Had an $88 max bid put in last 5 seconds, even if it's mediocre to decent testing it's worth it.

6. gardibolt
    Consider the socket savers a permanent addition to your rig. Taking them out only increases the wear on the sockets which is what you’re trying to avoid. And on the Lyr 2, the additional height boost makes it a lot easier to extract tubes.

7. jb77
    For anyone who missed out on the first batch,
    Tubemonger 12**7 to ECC88 adapters are back in stock!

Link:https://www.tubemonger.com/12Axx_to...IB_1960s_p/12axx-ecc88-adap-novib-mcmurdo.htm

This is a review I posted on Tubemonger’s website regarding their new adapters:

“These are by far the best adapters I have used period and I have used several different types. The build quality on these adapters is phenomenal, having the same overall build, including the vibration resistant base as their socket savers. The vibration resistant base has helped reduce issues, for myself and others I know with microphonic tubes. These adapters have the potential to help reduce noise in microphonic tubes. Overall these are my go to 12**7 adapters, as they have replaced all of my other 12**7 to ECC88 adapters. The build quality is phenomenal and on par with their socket savers! These are highly recommended!”

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  8. Ripper2860
    On my list for future acquisition.

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  9. TK16
    Wow 5 days between my last post and this post with a whopping 3 posts! At this rate a couple weeks and we'll be humming on the next page.

Ripper2860 and bcowen like this.
  10. Ripper2860
    Calm before the storm, my friend. :wink:

TK16, bcowen and jb77 like this.
  11. jb77
    I’ll have some reviews and more detailed recommendations for you in the near future as I purchased some of Tubemonger’s top rated 12AX7, 12AT7, and 12AU7 Tubes to go along with the CV4033

So far I have been very happy with these tubes mentioned below: (will have reviews for them soon)

For 12AX7:
    https://www.tubemonger.com/Tungsram_SEP_1962_ECC83_12AX7_Welded_Plates_NOS_HU_p/1324.htm

For 12AT7: (besides the CV4033)
    https://www.tubemonger.com/Siemens_Halske_1960s_3_MICA_E81CC_Munich_ECC81_p/629m.htm

For 12AU7:
    https://www.tubemonger.com/MINT_NOS_BRIMAR_ECC82_12AU7_1970s_HALO_DISC_GT_p/1236.htm

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  12. jb77
    Seems like all of the threads I follow are in “summer hibernation”

Ripper2860, bcowen and TK16 like this.
  13. bcowen
    @TK16 bought all the good tubes. All that's left are some 80's vintage Chinese tubes (remains of the 99% that were rejected by the military). They're still cheap, but the best ones only give you around 200 hours of awful sound before they go poof so you need to buy them by the case.

14. TK16
    Don't know about that? I seen at least 2 or 3 people here in the last year buying holy grails. A couple pairs got away. GE and Chinese quality tubes are mostly left though. Since I already own enough pairs of each, (0 and 0), I'll leave these gems for you guys.

jb77 and bcowen like this.
  15. bcowen
    Another oxymoron. :smiley:

Actually, there are a number of people having some nice things to say about the sound of some current production Chinese-made tubes, although the prices being asked for them are in the same territory as NOS gems and given a choice I'd spend *my* money on the NOS.

And this is just a personal thing, but I absolutely refuse to buy a Chinese-made anything that is an obvious and blatant rip-off copy of someone else's work, whether it's an outright counterfeit attempt or not. Lots of that on Ebay these days.

jb77, jasonho and TK16 like this.