1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. nwavesailor
    No Tungsram ECC82 / 12AU7 users at ALL??

I think I killed the Lyr thread.....................:zipper_mouth:

bcowen likes this.
  2. TK16
    What's a Tungsram anyway?

3. FireLion
    What would the original Lyr fetch these days?

4. nwavesailor
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Since TK16 rarely uses emoticons, It's hard to say if he's being just a little bit sarcastic.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. Ripper2860
    I have a pair of Tungsram ECC82s. Not a bad tube. Not my favorite, but not my worst either. Certainly better than stock tubes w/ Valhalla 2 and a far cry from GE. :wink:

bcowen likes this.
  6. nwavesailor
    Thanks Cartman.................I mean Ripper2860!

I figured that surely someone had tried them. Are your Tungsram ECC82 made in Hungary? What I found interesting was the ones listed are 'Made in UK' so I didn't know if they were rebranded Brimars or perhaps Mullards. No codes visable.

More importantly, did you get your WE 2C51's??? :thinking:

bcowen likes this.
  7. Ripper2860
    My Tungsrams are made in Hungary and had (barely seen on 1x tube) the more typical 'T' logo. I would not be surprised if Tungsram had an agreements with Brimar or even Mullard to make tubes for them -- heck maybe even Amperex. Hard to tell from the pics, so I cannot tell if they are structurally the same. Here are some pics of mine. My understanding is the Getter Holder support rod design shown on mine is a tip-off of a Hungarian Tungsram.

20190710_233127.jpg 20190710_233141.jpg

And I did get the WE396A/2C51s. One actually tested pretty strong 105/101 (on a BK700 w/ max being 120) while the other measured 50 on one triode and vacillated between 20 and 40 on the other. Have not given them a listen yet and will likely introduce the lousy one to the dust-bin soon, but heck -- even 1x strong one at that price is a steal!!! Maybe I'll find a partner for it in the future or just use it in my Lyr 3 with an adapter.

bcowen likes this.
  8. nwavesailor
    Very good! Thanks for the really nice pic's as well Ripper2860. I think I'll pass on those.

Too bad about the pair of WE with 1 testing very strong and the other in the 'not too chipper' zone on the B & K. If both were good, it would have been a screaming good deal. It was still a good deal with 1 WE testing so strongly.

9. TK16
    I predict the WE 396A will be your favorite, which one was the good testing 1? 51 or 61?

bcowen likes this.
  10. bcowen
    I dumped all mine on @Ripper2860 . :smile:

TK16 likes this.
  11. bcowen
    Just to be sure things are in proper context, a $1 five-pack of night light bulbs at Dollar Tree are better than a GE. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. newtophones07
    Sorry to muck up thread with a help question. I am reading through this entire thread, but I would like a little help in recommendations. I am new to tubes and I have a lot to learn. I want to find a way to dampen some of the vibration noise exhibited in my new test amp.

Would socket savers help with this issue?
    Also I am looking for a clean, low noise floor 12AU7 tube, under $100 each ( I need a matched pair). Is tubedepot recommended, or can I trust ebay auctions? Right now I have zoned in on the Black Sable JJ ECC82 or the Telefunken Black Diamond ECC82. Thanks

13. koover
    I’ll let the big boys respond. The only thing I’ll say is absolutely no worries man. You ain’t mucking up anything.
    People here are very cool and are more then willing to help out a fellow or new tube roller. Ask away bro, but you might get some smarta$$ answers back. If you’re good with that? Welcome!

Oh, I forgot to mention. Ask these guys here first if they’re selling any of their stash. Buy here every time before tube depot and/or fleabay. Trust me.... brew ha ha

14. TK16
    If you are in the USA, shoot me a PM about 12AU7/ECC82 tubes.

bcowen likes this.
  15. nwavesailor
    TK16, how's the painting coming along of your BL, NJ version of the Tele G73R??? :rolling_eyes:

bcowen likes this.