1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. fotomeow

2. nwavesailor
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    bcowen and fotomeow like this.
  3. TK16
    bcowen and Wes S like this.
  4. fotomeow
    Tube quality was at its height at that time due to the West being locked into a Cold War power struggle while simultaneously fighting a proxy war in North Korea, while ppl back home were building underground bomb shelters.

Preparedness was the name of the game whether it was tubes or shelters.

bcowen likes this.
  5. nwavesailor
    No one was even thinking, in 1957, of how great these might be for audio in the far off future of 2019 :thinking:

bcowen, OldSkool and fotomeow like this.
  6. fotomeow
    Your right, except for TK and a couple other prophets :santa: :unicorn: :black_joker:

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  7. Wes S
    I am bidding, on that pair.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  8. TK16
    Me too. $499 max bid.

bcowen likes this.
  9. Wes S
    I hope they don't go that high!

bcowen likes this.
  10. TK16
    IMHO, I would bid $499.01 just in case. Got you guys into getting the Blackburn ECC82 square, and you guys are still buying more. Bunch of Blackburn hoarders here.

Wes S and bcowen like this.
  11. bcowen
    Yeah, and what good would a bomb shelter be without an awesome stereo? Might as well just go ahead and die in the initial blast.

:slight_smile:

OldSkool, fotomeow and TK16 like this.
  12. fotomeow
    And if you were listening to your HPs through a tubed amp in the shelter when the bomb hits, that’s effin’ RocknRoll!

13. fotomeow
    So I’m visiting LA this weekend and decided to check out the Upscale Audio brick n mortar store n the burbs.

I think I’ve spent hours n hours on their site over the years. 2 showrooms and a high end HP area with 2 chairs. Lots of cool vintage paraphernalia.

From Marantz 7s to the original Quad tubed mojo amps to signed Hendrix posters, and of course NOS tubes, including 2 boxes of Teles with NOS tubes them : a box of 6922s and one box of PCC88s locked up in displays

He had an original green n yellow Sylvania tube poster That had an exploded diagram of a tube. I made a comment about all the fake tubes out on the Internet.
    Kevin immediately went into an act mimicking the manipulation of tubes with someone marking and stenciling on the tube to sell it as a fake!
    Ha!

And I was brave today, no big purchases!

TK16 likes this.
  14. TK16
  15. nwavesailor
    Thankfully, my '57 pair of Blackburns were as quiet as my better testing '58's!

Sadly, Tube Depot is out of the Telefunken G73R, 'Black Beauties'. Hopfully some others took advantage of these Tele's when they were in stock and on sale. These tubes are quite impressive.
    As good as the Blackburn Mullards are, and the are VERY good, I'd take the G73R if they were available........... maybe even at full price of $800 / pair.

I'll post my impressions when i have a bit more free time...................gotta go listen to my Stealth Black Beauties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not going to be bidding on the pair ending Sat listed on E-Bay.

jb77 likes this.