1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. bcowen
    Question is how much the NOS app will cost. Probably be pretty expensive for the Mullard or Brimar version. :weary:

fotomeow and TK16 like this.
  2. Mr Trev
    Probably loaded with ads too.

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  3. fotomeow
    :beerchug:
    Glad somebody got em if I couldn’t! Best case scenario, their awesome. Worst case scenario, you sell them for a profit. I bet their good! Really, 5hose glass coatings were innovative back then.Coating tech allowed the US to build the Stealth bombers, not detectable by radar. Besides, the 7GR3s look cool-as-Schiit.

Ya, we know. In fact you don’t even have any tubes. Your cover is blown. We know you are actually a 9 yo Thai girl who got kidnapped by the Myanmar military and placed in a rural “Re-education camp”. The camp officials allow you to carry a digital device only b/c you teach them how to use it. Or something like that.

As Ripper staked, the Brimars? MULLARDS? That is actually a possible business opportunity. I mean, looking at the digital camera field: After Kodak DCed Kodachrome slide film and many other slide filmswent OOB. So CaNikon, Sony, etc built Digi filters in their software to make the photo appear like “Kodachrome slide film, like VElvia, or Fuji, etc

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  4. bcowen
    Not very nice to go public with all that. But just so there's no misunderstanding here, I turned 10 last week.

:slight_smile:

OldSkool, fotomeow and TK16 like this.
  5. bcowen
    But with that coating, no visible tube glow. How would you know if the amp is on? This would all be very confusing. :slight_smile:

fotomeow and TK16 like this.
  6. TK16
    attmci and bcowen like this.
  7. bcowen
    TK16 likes this.
  8. TK16
    Not quite up to Bangybangtubes level, currently and Jessie Brent level if you catch my meaning.

gardibolt, Wes S and bcowen like this.
  9. attmci
    Could be coated during the Vietnam war. Hmmmm.

TK16 likes this.
  10. fotomeow
    Exactly. Must protect tubes from Russian interference.
    They won’t know the tubes are on, and their radars will not be able to detect them. Effin’ Russians.

bcowen likes this.
  11. bcowen
    Even though I'm sure you'll deny it, it's now becoming clear you're retired CIA. Maybe NSA. Or perhaps some black op that doesn't even have an acronym. This explains the secret hideout in the woods, going off the grid, etc. And this is exactly why I use Fotons, 'cause I'm more afraid of Vladimir than I am you guys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

fotomeow likes this.
  12. nwavesailor
    My Tele 'Black Beauties' G73R are here. The pair tests at 101/103 and 103/101 so they are nicely matched plate to plate internally as well as tube A to tube B. I just noticed they were 'no longer available' on the Tube Depot site even at the full price of $400/tube.

Not a big tube 'burn in' guy, so I'll see how they sound with only 10-15 minutes of warm up.

IMG_3857.jpg

Can you see them.....................NO, because they're STEALTH!!!

fotomeow, bcowen, jb77 and 1 other person like this.
  13. nwavesailor
    Here are the new Tube Monger 6922 to 12A** adapters. Rock solid and very well made

IMG_3852.jpg

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  14. TK16
    The adapters work better if you actually put them in over the socket saver and the Mullards in the adapter!?!?

fotomeow and bcowen like this.
  15. nwavesailor
    REALLY?:rolling_eyes:

This photo was meant to show the TM adapter. The Mullard ECC82 (they could have been 6922's) were just there for scale with socket savers NOT to actually use them w/o the appropriate adapter!!!!!!!

TK16 and bcowen like this.