1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. mattrudy80
    That's the way to do it!

Wes S and bcowen like this.
  2. bcowen
    OK, I'll fess up then. All of my 7316 listening has been done on used tubes that measure at or below minimum on my 752A that hasn't been calibrated since 1967 and probably measures 25% - 30% higher than actual. I've never listened to any of the true NOS 7316's I have because they're all military spec and I don't have the appropriate license to use them. :stuck_out_tongue:

fotomeow, mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  3. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  4. Wes S
    TK16 likes this.
  5. Ripper2860
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    TK16 likes this.
  6. TK16
  7. bcowen
    All us single tube guys** need is a Chinese TubeMonger dual tube adapter that only uses one triode in a dual triode tube. Then this would be a steal.

** I meant using an amp with only one tube....not referring to marital status. :smile:

TK16 likes this.
  8. bcowen
    I need either a new hobby or a new job, like CEO or somethin'. I think I'll just continue to be happy with my original $5 Lansdale Frankentube, and when it dies, I'll put in the $10 Lansdale Frankentube. And when it dies, I'll put in the $15 one. And when it dies, it's unlikely that I'll care because in all likelihood I'll be dead by then. I'll specify disposition of the remaining Frankenstash in my will. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wes S and TK16 like this.
  9. gardibolt
    The 7316s sound much better with the Focal Clears; in fact they make the rather disappointing Clears sound better than they ever have.

TK16 likes this.
  10. tre9
    How can anyone 3d print tube's? Some of the stuff said on this forum cracks me up. I have bought some great tube's from those seller's . They were 3D Printed? No Wonder They sound so good LOL

11. attmci
    4D is the future. Stay tuned.

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  12. bcowen
    That's coming right after 6G.

:slight_smile:

TK16 and attmci like this.
  13. attmci
    Yup, wifi vacuum tubes.

We will fine tune your tubes remotely. No worries!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    fotomeow, TK16, bcowen and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ripper2860
    Exactly!! You'll be able to change the color and sound profile of the tubes from a smartphone. :wink:

fotomeow, TK16, bcowen and 1 other person like this.
  15. Wes S
    That would be cool!

fotomeow and TK16 like this.