1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    What's the change code on those mislabeled tubes? Ct*?

bcowen likes this.
  2. bcowen
    Kind of thin, rather 2-dimensional soundstage and not much midrange color. They store pretty easily, but don't hold their value very well.

TK16 likes this.
  3. bcowen
    Change code? If you have more change than @Ripper2860 I'll let you have them instead. Hopefully that's what you meant? :relaxed:

4. TK16
    4 quarters up to a max bid of $1?

bcowen likes this.
  5. bcowen
    For the GE's? You're outta your mind, man. Maybe 4000 quarters...if I'm in a good mood.

Oh wait...the 7316's? They're free, but only if you let me pay for shipping.

TK16 likes this.
  6. Guidostrunk
    I don't know many people with these Hivac tubes , but all I can say is they're definitely top tier contenders. For sure in my top 3. I'm only 5 hours in lol.

:beerchug:

TK16, mattrudy80 and bcowen like this.
  7. mattrudy80
    The Brimar 13D9s are great, good sound stage/depth, a bit of warmth without being too tubey, nice detail and energy. Glad I bought 2 pair. Lol. They are definitely top 10 for me, #6 for now... (See my running ranking in my profile if interested).

TK16 and bcowen like this.
  8. nwavesailor
    There are not many reviews for the Cayin HA-1A Mk2. Is this amp in the same ballpark as the LP or MJ2 or even worth an audition?

bcowen likes this.
  9. TK16
    I got mine rated 8th so far. Not easy for a tube to crack my top 10 list.

bcowen and mattrudy80 like this.
  10. nwavesailor
    I'm thinking the Cayin HA-1A Mk2 amp most not be worth my consideration if there are no opinions on this amp from forum members.
    You guys are tough and, for the most part, honest critics!!!

bcowen likes this.
  11. TK16
    Someone answered in 1 of the 12 threads you posted this question bro. 1 of the LP threads. Ha.

bcowen likes this.
  12. nwavesailor
    OK, the guy who owned both amps did reply............. BUT I was looking for advice from the guys on THIS forum that know tubes as well as tube amps!!!

Yes, TK16 that would indeed include YOU and your opinion!!!

bcowen, Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  13. TK16
    Was just messing with you. 12 was a gross over estimation, 8 tops.

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  14. nwavesailor
    Yes, I'm guilty as charged for posting in more than 1 forum!!!

I really just wanted a honest answer about the Cayin, cheap junk or worth considering..............

As @Ripper2860 would say in Cartman's voice:

"Screw you guys, I'm goin Home!"

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    bcowen, Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  15. TK16
    Don`t mention the Brimar CV2492 to @Ripper2860 , a bit of a senstitive topic, please don`t share this private message!