1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. attmci
    Have you tried a 7316 tube? Very nice.

mattrudy80 likes this.
  2. mattrudy80
    I've spent about 10 minutes with the Aeon Flow Closed and can say they sound promising! Someone in a different thread compared them to being equivalent to a theoretical HD600 closed, the sound signature is quite similar, but the AFC seem to have something... Not quite sure what it is yet, but female vocals are richer, sweeter, more airy, fuller, more detailed? Can't quite put my finger on it. This is a good initial impression and I can't wait to dig in deeper...

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    bcowen, jb77, billerb1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. mattrudy80
    *Edit - I didn't think the Feliks Espressivo Mk.2 would play nice with the low impedance AFC as other cans under 60 Ohms I've tried get the life sucked out of them, but they pair nicely. It'll be nice to try them with the Lyr2 when I get back to work.

jb77 likes this.
  4. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  5. Guidostrunk
    Not yet, but I'm definitely hunting for a single.

6. Guidostrunk
  7. TK16
  8. Guidostrunk
    Test results any good? Worth the price?

9. TK16
    81% and 86% of 2,200. Life left in her, good price for a long plate. Thought @jb77 snatched up the world's supply of long plates. I have the short plate D getters.

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  10. Ripper2860
    Hey, folks. I've been out of town for a bit and haven't really been able to check in as frequently. Any update on the CV4033 tubes from Tubemonger? Can't remember who bought them, but I'm hoping there is or will be a quick post with initial thoughts. :wink:

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  11. attmci
    OK. I have an early long plate foil getter 7316 looks very similar to the one on ebay. It has a delta8j code. Please ask the seller what's the delta code on his 7316 tube.
    All Amperex tubes, even the silkscreen text and graphics are all gone, the production code should remain.

12. jb77
    Hey @Ripper2860, my pair came and I’ll try and roll them today, will post initial impressions of them!

Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  13. bcowen
    Which cable do you have for Aeons?

14. Ripper2860
    Looking forward to your impressions.

jb77 and bcowen like this.
  15. mattrudy80
    I believe it to be the stock Dummer cable.

*Edit - Any recommendations for an aftermarket cable would be appreciated. The stock cable will be fine at work, but it is slightly too short if I want to comfortably use them at home.