1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. fotomeow
    During he Cold War, Russians would steal X-rays from hospitals and run then under a press to make "records". Like the ingenuity of the SE Asian Indians and Cubans. (Just a friendly reminder of how freakin lucky we are)
    That is correct.
    No, just good old Mary Jane :cartwheel::laughing:
    I'm sure Totempole 999 has built a few in his garage! LOL

Lyr 2 as PreAMp is great for cost/value,. Overall, its a sweet gateway drug.
    I know what you mean about he volume. I have a pair of 25 ohm Fostex HPs, and still found myself using the higher gain (8).

bcowen, jb77, Dawgfish and 1 other person like this.
  2. AuditoryCanvas
    Not in my top 3, but def in my never sell collection. Also worth grabbing if you ever find some are 50s Valvo PCC88 PWs. I have a pair that are relatively low testing, but sound glorious.

Dawgfish likes this.
  3. TK16
    German Valvo?

Dawgfish likes this.
  4. Guidostrunk
    B329
    :beerchug:
    I hope someone else buys this tube! I'm working on a later version to compare.

Dawgfish and TK16 like this.
  5. TK16
    Have you tried the 50`s Mullard Blackburn ECC82 square getters? Probably my all time favorite tube.

fotomeow, Dawgfish and mattrudy80 like this.
  6. attmci
  7. AuditoryCanvas
    Good point, yeah, Valvo, Germany, not Heerlen.

Dawgfish likes this.
  8. Guidostrunk
    bcowen and Dawgfish like this.
  9. Guidostrunk
    If anyone has a single. I'll take it lol.

Dawgfish likes this.
  10. TK16
  11. attmci
    Why?

12. bcowen
    I quit using Firefox a while ago. Used to be THE browser, but has become so bloated, bogged down with crap, and random but frequent unexplainable errors that it became worthless (to me). They've done a really nice job of destroying what used to be an excellent browser.

I'm not a MS fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but Edge seems to piss me off the least these days. Just disable every add-on, extension, helper, etc. and it works fine. :laughing:

13. attmci
    So true.
    I am using a very old version of the fox.

But yesterday, all add-ons were disabled. A quick search links to the linked site.

bcowen likes this.
  14. Guidostrunk
    Sorry. It just didn't fit the thread. The link looked like spam to me. Lol.

15. attmci
    We used to talk about all kinds of xxx here.