1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    One of my first sets, newbie handling with very fragile non permanent Indian paint. Don't think tube dampers helped either.

2. TK16
  3. mattrudy80
  4. AuditoryCanvas
    There's not a huge difference, even the construction is the same, just a transparent 3rd mica added. I love the double mica too. I'd say a touch more separation and detail. I noticed the difference more with the Utopia than I did with the Elear.

jb77 likes this.
  5. jb77
    Thank you AC!
    I have a pair of the Valvo Hamburg Pinched Waist 6201 double post O getter 1959 and the headphones I am using for tube rolling are Focal Elex.
    The Valvo’s are burned in but I have not had a real sit down listening session with them yet. Also I picked up what was originally your pair of 6922 1950s SYLVANIA - D getter from DRHamp

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    TK16 likes this.
  6. billerb1
    Hey I'd like to try the Telefunken Ecc82/12au7 smooth plates to see how they compare to my HG Tele Ecc801S's. If anyone has a good pair they might sell, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  7. TK16
    @DRHamp might have some left PM him.

8. billerb1
    Don was very nice but unfortunately for me he's already sold the Ecc82 Teles. Still looking...

9. mattrudy80
  10. jb77
    I will say this Marconi’s are awesome tubes as I have a pair that I just rolled night before last and they have a lot of the characteristics of the GEC tubes for less $

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  11. mattrudy80
  12. TK16
  13. mattrudy80
    Lol. The post operation perc train is coming to an end, although I'll still be on vacation for a number of days. :gs1000smile:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  14. TK16
    According to my calculations "JL" date code is 1853.