1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    His Telefunken ECC801S tested fine, Telefunken construction but 1 tube has 0 print on it, the other has permanent paint they looks like it was painted yesterday. You can feel the paint like on WE396A's. I won't be buying any more tubes from him myself.

bcowen, Dawgfish and Ripper2860 like this.
  2. jb77
    It’s hard to say for sure either way with this seller, as the pair I received seem to be legit, you can see the diamond on the bottom of both of mine easily, and the internal construction on mine is correct, I only noticed two seems on the top of the glass on mine, so honestly I don’t know! I would be cautious of this seller! Think it breaks down to a few possibilities, 1. He is legit, 2. He is taking tubes like the Tele ECC801s and “repainting” them. 3. He is selling counterfeit tubes!

bcowen, Dawgfish and TK16 like this.
  3. TK16
    2. Yes
    4. Dish washer cleaned.

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  4. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  5. Ripper2860
    It's worth less if you clean it and remove the patina. :wink:

bcowen and mattrudy80 like this.
  6. TK16
    True, he sold a pair for 500 bucks the other day. Green crud equals $100.

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  7. bcowen
    It was just a matter of time before BangyBang went international.

Any guesses on when he establishes a presence in an alternate universe? :smiley:

jb77, mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  8. bcowen
    Ahhhh….

You'd think by now I'd be able to recognize schiit when I saw it. To be fair though, I've never yet claimed to be smart.

:slight_smile:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  9. bcowen
    Um, not to nitpick or anything, but one is white.

Maybe I need a new computer.

:smiley:

jb77, mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  10. TK16
    I've been to that universe, the only tubes are GE vintage and current production J&J, seen a few of my posts there praising GE tubes. GLAD to be back here! If you want I have those coordinates dialed in on the hot tub time machine, unless Chevy Chase messed with it.

jb77 and bcowen like this.
  11. bcowen
    Has @Ripper2860 been in that hot tub? If so, do you have any industrial grade disinfectant?

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  12. TK16
    You remember the squirrel right?

13. Ripper2860
    I have. And I left a little something 'special' in it just for you. :wink:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  14. bcowen
    Whew. I was figuring it was a GE tube....

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  15. OldSkool
    Well, I will say that after I complained about the seams on the top of the ECC801S that I bought from Totempole_999, he sent me a perfect pair as replacements. They are 100% authentic TFK 801S, raised diamonds on bottom, sound great, but do have the permanent paint logos and date codes.

My conclusion is that he is selling the real deal and cleaning/repainting them. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again, FWIW.

gardibolt, billerb1, bcowen and 3 others like this.