1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    The tube I got with no print with a fatter getter has a diamond on there, it is very hard to see. Look at the tube at different angles with a flashlight with a magnifying glass or similar. The other tube looks like it was painted prior to shipment. The glass on both tubes were the cleanest I ever seen.

OldSkool likes this.
  2. Ripper2860
    Thank you! Now let's see how long I hover over the BUY button before clicking! :grinning:

fotomeow and jb77 like this.
  3. TK16
    You get your tester yet? Want us to look over the listing first? I got my pair for 100 bucks and it tested 2,700 across all triodes. 2,200 NOS on a Hickok 752/A.

Wondering if everybody got the same U code on those Tele? Mine is U7107706U 2 U in the code.
    Same code in the listing.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    jb77 likes this.
  4. Ripper2860
    I do have a tester -- BK 700 that Bill refurbished and sold me for now and will be getting the Hickok 752 shortly. :)

I've already purchased the pair, but would be most appreciative of any feedback. It's an ETSY purchase and I've purchased from this seller (Lowtechelec) previously. He listed them as a matched/strong pair and the measurements seemed A-OK to me. Lablels are worn off, but the requisite <> is present. Can't send a link since I've already purchased, but here are some picture snips. Let me know if there are any red flags where I should cancel. (Price was $88/pr.)

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG

Thanks, again.

fotomeow and jb77 like this.
  5. TK16
    They look like mine, very good testing. They have a lot more weight to the sound vs the ECC801S in my gear, but they still need a burn in.
    My pair was advertised around 1,700 on a crappy Maxi Preamp 2 like the the 1 @jb77 just purchased:ksc75smile:. JK bro!

jb77 likes this.
  6. billerb1
    Gosh gentlemen, had no idea recommending the ECC801S' would cause such anxiety. And AC is correct...to me, because of our different gear and different ears, the Teles sound richer and more textured than the PW Valvo 6201's, which to me sound thin and somewhat disjointed in comparison. Being an audiophile can be confusing sometimes, lol.

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  7. OldSkool
    And I might want to add that I have the same Woo WA2 that Bill is running. Those ECC801S sound glorious to me, funny paint or not.

jb77 and billerb1 like this.
  8. billerb1
    Geeeezzzzz JC, just think how good they'd sound if you found a REAL pair !!!!!!!!

Edit: I kid. Kinda.

OldSkool, jb77 and TK16 like this.
  9. Ripper2860
    Thanks. I'm hoping they will be a nice addition to the Mullard CV4003, CIFTE 12AU7WAH and Tungsram 12AU7A's I currently have. My rig tends to lean toward the neutral side, so a bit of weight is always welcome.

Oh, and Bill Cowen is the one that sold me the BK tester.

Thanks!!

TK16 and fotomeow like this.
  10. TK16
    Just remembered I am using the wrong cans in the MJ2, the LCD2C has very bad synergy with that amp. Got my 560`s in seems to be more weight to the music, got Tesla 6CC41 D in my dac, they are sweet like the Foton 3x mica,

11. jb77
    @Ripper2860 I second @TK16 the Tele smooth plates are really good tubes still burning mine in on my LP and they will definitely make my top 10 list!

TK16 and Ripper2860 like this.
  12. jb77
    Received mine today as well, that is really quick @ss shipping! Have not had a chance to roll mine, might not be until tomorrow when I roll them!

TK16 likes this.
  13. TK16
    I`d check em now.

14. jb77
    @kolkoo thank you for the information! as I purchased a pair of the Telefunkens as well!

15. jb77
    They look like mine also, so you should be good, they really are good tubes!

TK16 and Ripper2860 like this.