1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. mattrudy80
    What does everyone think about MQA? I've been using it with Project Pre Box 2 Digital, Meridian Explorer2 and Dragonfly Red. Wondering if I should continue down this path or jump ship and look for an alternative DAC upgrade.

2. fotomeow
  3. fotomeow
    Oh man, bcowen, you never gonna live that down! LMAO

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  4. koover
    How do you guys feel about receiving tubes with no boxes? Nothing mentioned in the ad that they’ll come shipped in 10lbs of bubble wrap, peanuts and tape on each tube. Personally I think it’s BS. What happens if I’m not a tube roller and do t have spare boxes. Now I gotta buy a lot of them for This single pair of tubes? BS.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    fotomeow likes this.
  5. AuditoryCanvas
    I wouldn't waste any boxes on GE tubes either. :dt880smile:

TK16 and fotomeow like this.
  6. mattrudy80
    7062 Heerlens are kind of the swiss army knife of tubes. They do everything well, not excelling in one area, just a nice all around do it all tube. And good depth too! :slight_smile:

7. koover
    Haha. Wasn’t GE tubes.
    Doesn’t matter actually, it’s still a bunch of Cr@p. He’ll be getting a nice message from me.

8. fotomeow
    Ouch! :zap:LOL

Putting tape on NOS tubes which destroys whatever is left of the (chalky/unstable) printing,
    should send that flukker straight to purgatory! I hate that too!

[but there is an ez diy fix for making just a couple boxes. ]

mattrudy80 likes this.
  9. TK16
    Think all my GE tubes came with no boxes, put em in boxes and sold them.

jb77, fotomeow and mattrudy80 like this.
  10. TK16
    You don't need boxes just keep the GE tubes in the amp 24/7 365. Hopefully they'll burn out sooner than later.

fotomeow and mattrudy80 like this.
  11. koover
    Got plenty of boxes. Was a hypothetical.
    If I wanted to buy something individually wrapped, I would have bought some imitation cheese. I’m pi$$ed as this guy is shady.

fotomeow and mattrudy80 like this.
  12. koover
    Hmmm, something tells me you have a bunch of them too seeing THEY’RE RCA’s
    :jecklinsmile:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  13. fotomeow
    Lol The MP of RCA 12au7s I bought off Etsy came in a small box with the tubes wrapped in small swatches
    of last Sunday’s newspaper ads for such things as .... imitation cheese!

The tubes were Indiv wrapped like 2 big ugly tootsie rolls!
    But total cost was only $25, and luckily they turned out to be great tubes

TK16 likes this.
  14. TK16
    lol I saw someone who shall remain nameless mention GE, RCA's are worthy of some boxes. Though if the seller did not mention boxes in the ad, I'd just let it go. I got a pair of Mullard Blackburn ECC82 square getters with no boxes, now those deserve boxes.

15. fotomeow
    I Should have her (B-stock) at my place by Thursday/Fri :beerchug:. The Lyr is sweet (literally) with more tube warmth than resolution.
    No sense in buying hi end tubes if ya can’t hear all their glory

upload_2019-4-15_18-41-7.png