1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    I recommend the 752 myself. That is what I have. As stated already you do not have to change the dials to test both triodes. 1st triode is S5 and to test the other is pressing S5 and S8 together. There is no lock on those buttons. You have to physically press down and hold both.

bcowen likes this.
  2. TK16
    5. Doesn't apply enough voltage with just batteries to test emissions correctly. Iirc you need 150 volts. It provides 1/2 that.

3. bcowen
    Coolness! First thing you need to do is replace the caps, and then.....no, wait. It's new. Strike that. "New" and "Tube Tester" don't accompany each other very often these days. :slight_smile:

Keep us posted on how it works out. Looks like a really nice machine.

jb77, Mike-WI and TK16 like this.
  4. TK16
    lmao, he needs to buy replacement bulbs just in case.

jb77 and bcowen like this.
  5. bcowen
    That GM lock on the 539B is making me pretty happy right now. Not happy enough to ditch the 752A by any means, but still happy enough to be happy. What we need is a Hickok 752539D. :sweat_smile:

6. bcowen
    Good point. And probably some backups for the replacements to be totally safe. :slight_smile:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  7. AuditoryCanvas
    Did you order the additional adapters they sell to be able to test certain tubes?

8. bcowen
    Eh, he got me too. Here I was thinking last night that @jb77 didn't do much research and spent money on a tinker toy. Not even a good starter tester.

@TK16 : payback when you least expect it. :slight_smile:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  9. TK16
    That schiity pair of Brimar 12AU7 square getters was delivered to that awesome seller today, told him to send me a NOS testing matched pair or give me a full refund. No minimum testing garbage.

jb77, Phantaminum and bcowen like this.
  10. jb77
    Yes I ordered one pair of adapters to test 6922/6DJ8 etc. and one custom pair to test 6N3P,5670, 2C51 tubes, so I will have all of my current tubes covered for testing, also ordered 4 of there socket savers for the MaxiPreamp II.

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  11. jb77
    No problem!

12. jb77
    If I didn’t purchase the MaxiPreamp II I would have looked for this tester the 752

13. jb77
    Thank you,
    Yea new and tube tester is almost an oxymoron!:)

I will definitely keep everyone here updated as soon as I receive it and test it!
    It looked like a cool, straight forward, easy to use digital tester so we shall see!

bcowen, Mike-WI and TK16 like this.
  14. jb77
    Yea thinking like four or five pairs, I don’t know think that will be enough??? Lol...:ksc75smile:

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  15. TK16
    Correction bro, you test the tubes NOT the tester. Freaking newbie.

bcowen and jb77 like this.