1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. fotomeow

Did you buy these? They are marked as sold. I emailed the seller last Nov, here are his responses:

Hi,

These is one tube that has a poor stamping of the diamond. It is very difficult to see even with a magnifying glass, but it is there. Since the difficulty of seeing the diamond may cause concern for a buyer, I have removed this tube from the listing. I prefer not to get into a dispute with a buyer over what can be seen, or not seen.

As stated in the listing, the tubes were tested on a Hickok 6000A.

They have not been evaluated for microphonics. I do not use nor do I have headphones.

If microphooics are of concern to you, I recommend purchasing tubes from a seller who can assure you their tubes have been tested for microphonics, I will not provide a guarantee of no microphonics. A tube can be microphonic in one circuit and lesser or not at all in another.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Gary

Your previous message

Hi,
    Very interested. It’s hard to tell in the pics, but do all the tubes have the Telefunken “diamond” Mark on the bottoms?
    Just curious which Hickok you are using? ( I’m refurbish a Triplett tester).

Oh, and have you actually listened to them with headphones? For Microphonics?
    They!
    Gary

Telefunken 12AU7 ECC82 Smooth Plate Vacuum Tubes Hickok Tested Lot of 4

[​IMG]
    Price: $140.00
    Buy it now
    Watchers: 3
    Quantity Remaining: 1

2. mattrudy80
    I did not. I was going to offer you the stronger pair to split, but they were gone when I checked today.

3. mattrudy80
    Has anyone dealt with viva tubes? Are they considered a good seller?

bcowen likes this.
  4. HellooooThar
    Yes! I have. They are pretty good. Ship fast, have actual pictures of what you are buying etc. A lot better than many places that run their own online pages too. If you use code ebay25 or something like that on their actual website it will give you a discount on your first order - least that’s what I was given after I made an eBay order from them.

mattrudy80 likes this.
  5. fotomeow
    Well, seemed like a bit of a toss-up : great-testing tubes, but not a confident seller in terms of Microphonics, etc. no big loss.

mattrudy80 likes this.
  6. mattrudy80
    You're right. Another set will come along. I have enough in the queue right now to keep be busy. :L3000:

7. bcowen
    I purchased a pair from them several months ago. Arrived quickly and were as described. Their prices are on the high side, but it appears they'd take care of things if there was a problem which obviously adds some value to the process.

8. TK16
    jb77 and mattrudy80 like this.
  9. mattrudy80
    Telefunken Munchen ECC81 are seriously smooth and relaxing. They're on par with the Kenrad 6SL7 for smoothness, but have a bit more depth. Definitely a keeper. Slightly smaller stage than the tele angled O getter and more laid back.

jb77 likes this.
  10. TK16
    Not a huge Telefunken fan anymore but the early 60's Telefunken ECC82 smooth plates are absolutely fantastic, not a huge Siemens fan anymore but the nickel plate Siemens ECC82 are absolutely fantastic as well.

bcowen, mattrudy80 and jb77 like this.
  11. TK16
    jb77 and mattrudy80 like this.
  12. fotomeow
    Hey what websites do you all find to be most useful in finding
    baseline or expected NOS measurements for each tube?

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  13. jb77
    Was your second offer accepted?
    Hope you got those Blackburn’s as they are amazing tubes!

mattrudy80 likes this.
  14. jb77
    I concur the smooth plates and nickel plates are really good tubes!

mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.