Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 7, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #20,416 of 23,493
Went ahead and rolled My Valvo 12AU7 ECC82 Germany, Hamburg Made Tubes (GfO D9E), Slanted Getters on my LP have not listened to these yet

From the above post decided to burn in 2 pairs at the same time 1 on my MJ2 and 1 on my LP

Will report back with impressions soon
I`ve burnt in many pairs like that same a lotta time. I`m a little disappointed in the Hamburg side O getter, very nice but nothing that grabs my attention.

Apr 7, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #20,417 of 23,493
Went ahead and rolled My Valvo 12AU7 ECC82 Germany, Hamburg Made Tubes (GfO D9E), Slanted Getters on my LP have not listened to these yet

From the above post decided to burn in 2 pairs at the same time 1 on my MJ2 and 1 on my LP

Will report back with impressions soon
I have a pair of these incoming. I believe these are the short plate version. I'm still on the hunt for the long plates. Can't wait to hear what you think!

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #20,418 of 23,493
I`ve burnt in many pairs like that same a lotta time. I`m a little disappointed in the Hamburg side O getter, very nice but nothing that grabs my attention.

It does save a lot of time, good to know about the side O getters, still haven’t listened to mine yet.

I have a pair of these incoming. I believe these are the short plate version. I'm still on the hunt for the long plates. Can't wait to hear what you think!

I’ll post impressions within a day or so, @mattrudy80 do you have/found any of the Valvo Hamburg Pinched Waist 6201 double post O getter? I recommend these tubes even with only a few minutes of listening on them.

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #20,420 of 23,493
@mattrudy80 any luck finding a good pair of closed backs?
@jb77 I'm waiting to find a pair of Aeon Flow, as recommended by many here, so I picked up a pair of Shure SRH1540 to hold me over. The Shure's along with Meze classic 99 and Fostex TH-X00 were on my short list when I picked up the Focals that I blew up. I think I'll eventually try each of these if I can find them second hand along with the Oppo PM-3. If you're interested I can let you know my thoughts on each.

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #20,421 of 23,493
It does save a lot of time, good to know about the side O getters, still haven’t listened to mine yet.

I’ll post impressions within a day or so, @mattrudy80 do you have/found any of the Valvo Hamburg Pinched Waist 6201 double post O getter? I recommend these tubes even with only a few minutes of listening on them.
@jb77 Have not found any of the PW yet. I'll keep an eye out.

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #20,422 of 23,493
6201 Valvo Mitcham blue label?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valvo-Gold...056710&hash=item2ac6aa72c0:g:XRsAAOSw-tlb5HzG
upload_2019-4-7_3-16-0.png

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #20,423 of 23,493
@jb77 I'm waiting to find a pair of Aeon Flow, as recommended by many here, so I picked up a pair of Shure SRH1540 to hold me over. The Shure's along with Meze classic 99 and Fostex TH-X00 were on my short list when I picked up the Focals that I blew up. I think I'll eventually try each of these if I can find them second hand along with the Oppo PM-3. If you're interested I can let you know my thoughts on each.

Actually yes I would be interested in hearing your impressions on these, I have heard the Oppo PM-3 actually at Oppo headquarters here in California a few years ago before they shutdown. They are a good closed back portable headphone, being Planars they have good bass a little bloated and roll off in the upper frequencies, they are fast in there response time. I ended up going with the PM-2 as I had a pair of NAD HP-50 closed backs that were similar to the sound of the PM-3

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #20,424 of 23,493
Apr 7, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #20,425 of 23,493
Hopefully someone with more experience then me will comment, but those pins look way to clean and new and they have 2 different testing numbers, one set on the tubes that match the title but in the description they have different numbers listed.
Nice catch. I hadn't noticed the difference in test results.

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #20,426 of 23,493
Nice catch. I hadn't noticed the difference in test results.

Thank You, first when I was looking at the pins and imho too clean. I started looking for other discrepancies, I looked and the numbers on the tube then the title to see if they matched, then I saw the numbers in the description, thought to myself ....wait a minute. different numbers!

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #20,428 of 23,493
Good morning fellow tube rollers,

I have not been around lately due to some life changes. These changes will result in my selling the bulk of my gear. In the next couple of weeks I will be listing various gear in the classifieds here on Head-FI, but first I thought I would see if any of my friends here are interested in what I have.

I intend to keep a couple pair of cans, an amp and a DAC. Pretty much everything else must go.

If interested, check my profile for my inventory and shoot me a PM.

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #20,429 of 23,493
Good morning fellow tube rollers,

I have not been around lately due to some life changes. These changes will result in my selling the bulk of my gear. In the next couple of weeks I will be listing various gear in the classifieds here on Head-FI, but first I thought I would see if any of my friends here are interested in what I have.

I intend to keep a couple pair of cans, an amp and a DAC. Pretty much everything else must go.

If interested, check my profile for my inventory and shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks Mike
Hi bro! Sorry to hear bout your problems, You have 2 pair of the KB/AD Brimar CV2492? If so they will sell NP in the LP rolling thread. They are like HG territory there.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-liquid-platinum-tube-rollers.898852/page-30

Apr 7, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #20,430 of 23,493
Thanks TK, it is nothing serious just moving to much smaller place and will not have room.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back