1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    Got a pair of 7316 Heerlen D getters coming soon heard these are 1 of the best ECC82 variants you can buy.

mattrudy80 likes this.
  2. mattrudy80
  3. kolkoo
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    mattrudy80 likes this.
  4. TK16
    Since I got the spare time, decided to pit the square getter 1957 for both Blackburn ECC81 vs ECC82. First I compared them with my Gumby/MJ2 with the ECC82 and LP with my tube dac with Heerlen 1959 D getters with the ECC81. To my ears the ECC82 had a much more lush like sound without losing anything. The ECC81 was less lush with a bit more emphasis on treble. They MAY be up to the 1958 goal post ECC82 Blackburn, but I think the goal post getters would be ahead. I then tested both pair in the MJ2 and came to the same conclusion just to be sure. Really terrible at describing what I hear. All IMO. The square getter ECC81 are by no means a slouch. You really have to mess with the volume control on the ECC81with amplification factor of 70, ECC82 is 17. IMO if you have an opportunity to buy 1 or the other and price is not a factor, I would go with ECC82 Blackburn square getters.

5. mattrudy80
    The goal post have more emphasis on treble?

6. TK16
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    mattrudy80 likes this.
  7. mattrudy80
  8. mattrudy80
    TK16 likes this.
  9. TK16
    mattrudy80 likes this.
  10. mattrudy80
  11. jb77

@mattrudy80 I got to hand it to you! you are definitely on the hunt for some good tubes! Once you get the “Tube Bug” it is “addictive” happy listening bro!
    Keep us posted on which tubes you acquire and how you like or don’t like them. I will do the same as soon as I get my MJ2(should be delivered in the morning), right now I have a LP, it is good to read and get other people’s opinions on what tubes they like and don’t like.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    TK16 and 808cityill like this.
  12. mattrudy80
    It all started with a Little Dot many moons ago...

Incoming tubes:
    RCA Clear top
    Telefunken ECC81 angled O getter
    1966 6201 Valvo Hamburg gold pins
    1967 6201 Valvo Mitcham gold pins
    ECC82 Valvo Hamburg slant getter; I think I mistakenly bought the short plate version :frowning2:
    1959 Mullard ECC81 square getter Edit - Mitcham

I have an offer in for the 7316 Heerlen D getters.

Along with a few other cheapies. Listening to RCA 6201 now, these are quite resolving with good separation, a touch of warmth and a sweet, delicate top end.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    jb77 likes this.
  13. TK16
    My crystal ball shows my offer is 1 cent higher than yours bro.

jb77 likes this.
  14. mattrudy80
    Did you put an offer in on a second pair? You must be as tube crazed as I am!

jb77 likes this.
  15. TK16
    My pair should be here tomorrow, learned not to buy any back up pairs without hearing them first, if its the pair I think it is, expect an tons of PM`s. Very attentive seller.
    Got burned with tubes I did not like in the past, getting 2 set before I heard them at all. Got my pair of Mullard 6201 gold pins in my MJ2. Like them much better than the 57 ECC81`s Blackburn`s I listened to yesterday. $110 shipped upscale audio. Platinum grade.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    jb77 likes this.