Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 20, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #17,866 of 23,493
OK, tube price war, now we are talking.

Do I hear $119.98???

:L3000:

May 20, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #17,868 of 23,493
Really like the Foton's, if the triple mica are even better I may want to try those. I am going to try the Oktyabr's on Monday for some days off listening.

Thanks for getting them to me...

:)

May 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #17,869 of 23,493
Really like the Foton's, if the triple mica are even better I may want to try those. I am going to try the Oktyabr's on Monday for some days off listening.

Thanks for getting them to me...

:)
Both the 2x and 3x mica 50's 6N3P are better imo, the 3x mica is in holy grail territory for me, with the 2x being a step below holy grail territory. Extremely good imo. If you see AC have any of these for sale grab them. The Okt's are a different sound sig, less lush still warm, more delicate and transparent sounding. Very good as well, you might like them better. They are fully burned in just warm up and play. Your very welcome!

May 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #17,870 of 23,493

About those Oktyabrs... they're positively revolutionary.

May 20, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #17,871 of 23,493
So, I tried to compare the JW 2c51s / LME Steel Pin O-Getter / LME Gold Pins and just couldn't come away with much. I've given it 2 1/2 hours, allowed them 10 minutes to warm up, and went through a playlist with different types of music. The MCTH is not as transparent as I was hoping in making out differences between all three tubes compared to say the Mjolnir 2. I still preferred the LME steel pins over the JW 2c51s but couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the LME gold pins. On the MJ2 (from memory) you could tell that the LME gold pins were more analytical than the JWs and LME Steel Pins. My bad guys.

Koover should be getting the LME gold pins some time next week. Hopefully his MJ2 can bring across the subtleties better compared to my amp and comment on them.

@TK16 I didn't have any microphony with my pair of LME gold pins. I tapped the amp and the 6n3p to E88CC adapter and nada. Were yours microphonic?

May 20, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #17,872 of 23,493
Sounds good bro. That LME steel pin I was gonna nab off eBay was ultimately nabbed by someone else. Schiit!! Oh well.
Nevertheless, I’ll give the gold pins and JW 2c51 a workout when I get them. It’ll be tough pulling out those triple micas though.

May 20, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #17,873 of 23,493
On another note, going off memory with the LYR2 versus the MJ2, the subtleties are very apparent when rolling tubes. The LYR2 was and still is an excellent tube hybrid but you just don’t hear all the little minute differences from tube to tube like you hear in the MJ2. It’s sick!

I truly dont know what tube I want to roll and listen too because I have so many, most descent to good and they all have their unique SS. But like everyone else, my 57 Foton Triple Mica is so freakin sublime and literally is head and shoulders better and towers over anything else I own. It’s just so
Smooth, detailed, transparent, great holigraphics, the bass is?..... just so spot on. But the best is the treble. I don’t know about you guys but the greatness of a tube to me is how the treble comes across. Is it splashy, tingy (is there such a word?) harsh, etc. this tube lets you hear what cymbals are supposed to sound like. Even on the Elear where the treble is just jacked up to the hilt. Now?....they’re tolerable and actually really nice sounding while not having that weird mess where everything sounds splashy.

I’ve never been happier owning the MJ2 and Gumby MB gen 2 along with my stash of tubes. I thank you guys EVEN again and will refrain from thanking everyone again in the future. Gets old but it’s worth mentioning 1 last time.
Peace my Brutha’s from nuthah muthah’s.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #17,874 of 23,493
So, I tried to compare the JW 2c51s / LME Steel Pin O-Getter / LME Gold Pins and just couldn't come away with much. I've given it 2 1/2 hours, allowed them 10 minutes to warm up, and went through a playlist with different types of music. The MCTH is not as transparent as I was hoping in making out differences between all three tubes compared to say the Mjolnir 2. I still preferred the LME steel pins over the JW 2c51s but couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the LME gold pins. On the MJ2 (from memory) you could tell that the LME gold pins were more analytical than the JWs and LME Steel Pins. My bad guys.

Koover should be getting the LME gold pins some time next week. Hopefully his MJ2 can bring across the subtleties better compared to my amp and comment on them.

@TK16 I didn't have any microphony with my pair of LME gold pins. I tapped the amp and the 6n3p to E88CC adapter and nada. Were yours microphonic?
The gold pins are microphonic but usable.

May 20, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #17,876 of 23,493
May 21, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #17,878 of 23,493
Yes I second that. Thanx AC!
Possibly 50,000 hour tube life. :astonished:

Which means you guys all probably have enough to last three lifetimes, so quit hoarding them. :upside_down:

May 21, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #17,880 of 23,493
True that. But for me, I have the AFO, Denon AH-D2000 which is highly modded without the Fostex treble, Elear, HD650 and both pairs of Meze’s so I’m in a different situation. I’m looking forward to seeing if I blew it or made a good choice with these tubes. Same with the PW Tesla.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back