Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 27, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #16,171 of 23,493
Good morning fellas. As you know I've been looking for an upgrade to my Schiit MJ2 ( my first love ) that I untimely sold in late December. It was a rash decision; thinking I would sell it and upgrade to another amp. Being so new I had nonidea that not many high end amps take those same 6922 / ECC88 / E88CC / 2C51 / 396A variant. Not sure what inwas thinking but I honestly did think that these beautiful tubes that we roll in the Lyr2 / MJ2 would be commonplace for my next upgrade.

When I couldn't find an amp ( and that uses the same tubes ) to replace the MJ2 I felt pretty dumb that I gave up some thing so great. The MJ2 paired with the dac section in my R2R 11 sounded so great I couldn't ask for more. It gave me that WOW feeling every time I sat down and dedicated my time to this hobby. I often thought, " how could it get better than this? ". I was now listening to the same music I've listened to for years but all the while hearing it for the first time. The pleasure, detail and separation this combo brought to life was so great that I was ready to buy another MJ2 and call it a day, but I persistent in looking for my next love. The one to call my baby for the undisclosed amount of time. The one I turn to for relief after a long day. The one I miss while away and cannot wait to get back to.

I now present to you my 2nd love ( and definitely not the last ). My partner in crime. My main squeeze. My Woo!

as they say..."enjoy in good health"

congrats

Jan 27, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #16,172 of 23,493
Hey Autostart congrats on the WA22. Do you want to trade, LOL ???
Nice array of tubes as well, led by one of those GEC 6AS7G's that Crowman was just talking about.
He and I both run those in our WA2's. Gotta give a detailed run down after you get your new toy burned-in.
Sure is pretty isn't it.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #16,173 of 23,493
Good morning fellas. As you know I've been looking for an upgrade to my Schiit MJ2 ( my first love ) that I untimely sold in late December. It was a rash decision; thinking I would sell it and upgrade to another amp. Being so new I had nonidea that not many high end amps take those same 6922 / ECC88 / E88CC / 2C51 / 396A variant. Not sure what inwas thinking but I honestly did think that these beautiful tubes that we roll in the Lyr2 / MJ2 would be commonplace for my next upgrade.

When I couldn't find an amp ( and that uses the same tubes ) to replace the MJ2 I felt pretty dumb that I gave up some thing so great. The MJ2 paired with the dac section in my R2R 11 sounded so great I couldn't ask for more. It gave me that WOW feeling every time I sat down and dedicated my time to this hobby. I often thought, " how could it get better than this? ". I was now listening to the same music I've listened to for years but all the while hearing it for the first time. The pleasure, detail and separation this combo brought to life was so great that I was ready to buy another MJ2 and call it a day, but I persistent in looking for my next love. The one to call my baby for the undisclosed amount of time. The one I turn to for relief after a long day. The one I miss while away and cannot wait to get back to.

I now present to you my 2nd love ( and definitely not the last ). My partner in crime. My main squeeze. My Woo!

Hey! Congrats for your new toy. Looks beautiful.

Jan 27, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #16,175 of 23,493
Looks like a LOT of those tubes from that seller got heavy use on them because of the lack of getter flash on them. Soundwise I never heard past 1953 myself. Mine are all dated 1947-1953.
im not sure that’s true with the flashing. I got a sleeve of Raytheon 5670 that was still sealed in plastic, and the flashing was lob sided so only one side is flashed on all of them. Also had some GE tubes before that had little flashing, but tested new, and passed the life test with flying colors.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #16,176 of 23,493
Got 2 pair of tubes left for sale if anybody is interested. Bendix 2C51 and CBS 5670 square getters.

I'm with TK on this one. I have a bunch of 6922 / 2C51 tubes that do not fit in my new amp if anyone is interested in some nice inexpensive tubes.

I also have pristine LM Ericsson 396a gold pins brand new NOS WITH original boxes.

Pm me if interested. LM ERICSSON GOLD PIN.jpg LME.jpg

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #16,177 of 23,493
im not sure that’s true with the flashing. I got a sleeve of Raytheon 5670 that was still sealed in plastic, and the flashing was lob sided so only one side is flashed on all of them. Also had some GE tubes before that had little flashing, but tested new, and passed the life test with flying colors.
I agree with the earlier year tubes with some only having getter flash on 1 side due to the angle of the square getter, but those WE are all early 70`s and those seem to have a more uniform getter flash.
@Autostart , I PM you for a pair of those gold pins a couple hours ago.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #16,178 of 23,493
I agree with the earlier year tubes with some only having getter flash on 1 side due to the angle of the square getter, but those WE are all early 70`s and those seem to have a more uniform getter flash.
@Autostart , I PM you for a pair of those gold pins a couple hours ago.

Yeah, I didn't mean that it's not true for some you see, test results normally tell whether it's from wear or just how they were flashed, especially the life test.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #16,179 of 23,493
I agree the testing is more important, maybe it is the lighting in those pics are really bad, if you look at the pics with multiple tubes in those multiple listing, it gives the impression that the getter flash is really depleted.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #16,180 of 23,493
@AuditoryCanvas

I'm really digging those 6N3P's. Matter of fact it's down right scary that they sound so good at the price they're going for. :thumbsup:

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #16,184 of 23,493

Users who are viewing this thread

Back