Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #4,997 of 8,735
Quote:
I've been studying up in the time-travel forum.  Place your Stuttgart tube orders, gentlemen!

I'll take three matched sets each of Lorenz 3-mica and grey shield!
wink_face.gif

Oh, I only wish it were true...!
frown.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #4,998 of 8,735
Quote:
I've been studying up in the time-travel forum.  Place your Stuttgart tube orders, gentlemen!

Sorry Bob, I'm going to have to ask you to forfeit over your time-travel knowledge. 
tongue.gif

And sorry HK, I'm informing you now that I'm taking said time-travel knowledge and keeping the Stuttgarts to myself again. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #4,999 of 8,735
Don't get too excited, they are not the Coveted German variety.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-LORENZ-BWB-PCC88-TUBE-MATCHED-PAIR-for-6DJ8-6922-E88CC-MILITARY-ISSUED-/290848900203?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43b7f2046b

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #5,001 of 8,735
Quote:
Don't get too excited, they are not the Coveted German variety.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-LORENZ-BWB-PCC88-TUBE-MATCHED-PAIR-for-6DJ8-6922-E88CC-MILITARY-ISSUED-/290848900203?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43b7f2046b

Am I mistaken to think that's a FLAT OUT RIPOFF?

Or have I missed the severe tube inflation...

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #5,002 of 8,735
I'm not buying a set. But I have paid that much for a set of tubes before.  

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #5,003 of 8,735
Quote:
I'm not buying a set. But I have paid that much for a set of tubes before.  

Wait a minute. We bought the highly sought out after Stuttgart's for a cool $120 and those inferior bastards are justifiable at $200, er, $150.

OldSkool, dude, you owe me, say, an extra $100.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #5,004 of 8,735
Quote:
Am I mistaken to think that's a FLAT OUT RIPOFF?

Or have I missed the severe tube inflation...

dox,

I am glad you brought those up,  
First, I looked at them and thought the same thing.  I paid $59 from Lithuania.
Then I was looking at the pictures and the one I bought look squat compared to those.
I was concerned mine were fakes.  But the seller has 1700 feedback at 100%

Perhaps it's just the photo.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #5,005 of 8,735
I don't think there is a forgery issue on either set, the seller clearly states that these tube are 1968 Yugoslavia made with Phillips tooling.  So, I would expect them to look different.  I think they are getting hard to find, so sellers are trying to get top dollar for anything with Lorenz name on them.   

[size=small]  [/size]

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #5,006 of 8,735
Quote:
I don't think there is a forgery issue on either set, the seller clearly states that these tube are 1968 Yugoslavia made with Phillips tooling.  So, I would expect them to look different.  I think they are getting hard to find, so sellers are trying to get top dollar for anything with Lorenz name on them.   

[size=small]  [/size]

Forgive me, but if that's the case....screw that!

You can pickup a plethora of other tubes that are much better than any SEL Lorenz.

Unless all other tubes have gone through the roof, like the Mullard CV2492's which were $200. They better be $350 or some other closely absurd price. Just IMO.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #5,007 of 8,735
My B&K DynaJet 606 combination Vacuum Tube Tester and Shoe Polisher came in today.
Initial indications are that it works.
I tested a stock Lyr GE 6BZ7 and a 1970's GE Smokie.
Neither had emission leaks or shorts.
Both tested about 104/120  I expected better.
I have ordered a calibration tube from Mercedesman.
I also found an internal 6BN8 tube I will probably replace it as well.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #5,008 of 8,735
Quote:
dox,

I am glad you brought those up,  
First, I looked at them and thought the same thing.  I paid $59 from Lithuania.
Then I was looking at the pictures and the one I bought look squat compared to those.
I was concerned mine were fakes.  But the seller has 1700 feedback at 100%

Perhaps it's just the photo.

It's just the photo.  I got my tubes from the same seller in Lithuania.  They are the same types.  I don't know why they are being offered up for such a high price.  I will say the seller from Lithuania doesn't offer up any test results, but mine look new.
Yeah...I did a double-take too at the price.  I've seen Tubemuseumsusa's offerings before and they've always been on the high side.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #5,009 of 8,735
Quote:
Forgive me, but if that's the case....screw that!

You can pickup a plethora of other tubes that are much better than any SEL Lorenz.

Unless all other tubes have gone through the roof, like the Mullard CV2492's which were $200. They better be $350 or some other closely absurd price. Just IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did start the post by stating not to get too excited, that they are not the coveted German tubes. I was not suggesting anyone buy them. Everyone was talking about Lorenz this week.  I assume that you have heard that particular 1968 SEL Lorenz before?

I would say that sellers ask that much, because there are some people that will pay it. That auction has already sold one set. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #5,010 of 8,735
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did start the post by stating not to get too excited, that they are not the coveted German tubes. I was not suggesting anyone buy them. Everyone was talking about Lorenz this week.  I assume that you have heard that particular 1968 SEL Lorenz before?

I would say that sellers ask that much, because there are some people that will pay it. That auction has already sold one set. 

My issue is with the price. As stated, it doesn't seem right to me. Unless tube prices have gone through the roof, etc.

I've owned those particular pair, and got them for much, much less than what's being listed.

I can understand that to a certain extent.

But I'll give an counter argument. Back months ago the Lorenz Stuttgart's were being had at $120. Some were trying to flip these for, say, double.

Just because someone is willing to pay the price doesn't make it right.

I was just wondering if tube prices had inflated or if this seller is just a crook. Which he would be IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back