Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #4,081 of 8,735
Quote:

MSRP is $140.  You're selling used tubes for more than retail NOS.

Also, I'm not sure why you keep continually plugging your FS items in this thread.  You don't need to repeat yourself.

He got those for under $100. JS

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #4,084 of 8,735
Quote:
Yes with hissing and you don't answer me to the PM that I wanted to send them back to you weeks ago. When you want to speak further then PM me but over the thread I don't want to communicate with you.

Since you want to drag my name through the mud.

I told you to send them back to me. You opened up a PP dispute with me. You then closed it.

But before you did any of that....you put the damn tubes up for sale. So get your story straight.

Sorry for airing dirty laundry, I do apologize.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #4,085 of 8,735
Quote:
Since you want to drag my name through the mud.

I told you to send them back to me. You opened up a PP dispute with me. You then closed it.

But before you did any of that....you put the damn tubes up for sale. So get your story straight.

Sorry for airing dirty laundry, I do apologize.

Just so everyone knows.....

Please make note:
I have done business with this guy before--he is a walking nightmare.
Always demanding lower prices ..
Always demanding special ways of avoiding taxes,on out of country purchases
Needed special notations,written on the box,so customs would think it is of lower value
And after all that-wants it delivered tomorrow-then argues with you about the postal rates.

The prices Para sold the tubes to him ,were not a sale price-THEY WERE A GIFT!!..the highest quality Lorenz tubes

He should be banned from this forum...

Para,you got my back on this one,if you need it...always,
Mike

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #4,086 of 8,735
Yes, i put them up for sale after you not communicate with me but with a right description about the hissing.
I'm a fair guy but you not. You have sell me tubes without a word of hissing.
Sorry, you are te bad guy not I.
And yet keep quiet...
I no further want to communicate in this thread. I believe that paradoxper in the meantime made fair business but not with me.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #4,087 of 8,735
Gentleman, you can't fight in here; this is the war room!

Dragging the thread—kicking and screaming—back onto topic, what would others recommend for a first tube? I got the JJ E88CC tubes with my Lyr. Just looking to get a sense of how the sound can change with different tubes.

ALAC > BitPerfect > Bifrost > Lyr > HE-500.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4,088 of 8,735
Quote:

Dragging the thread—kicking and screaming—back onto topic, what would others recommend for a first tube? I got the JJ E88CC tubes with my Lyr. Just looking to get a sense of how the sound can change with different tubes.

Yes Boss!

Try out the GE's. They are heavily favored over the stock JJ's. From there you can really go anywhere. Some affordable options are the RCA black plates and clear tops.
Some Gold Lions or Nationals.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #4,089 of 8,735
Quote:

I just tried the 6N1P's out of my Valhalla.  They are definitely a warmer sounding tube than the GE's.  Maybe a tad on the lush side.  Since I started with the GE's I still like them the best though.  Tube rolling is very confusing. 
redface.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #4,090 of 8,735
Quote:
Yes Boss!

Try out the GE's. They are heavily favored over the stock JJ's. From there you can really go anywhere. Some affordable options are the RCA black plates and clear tops.
Some Gold Lions or Nationals.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the opportunity for a good Dr. Strange Love reference.

By the GE's, do you mean the stock GE 6BZ7 NOS tubes? I'll give them a shot.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #4,091 of 8,735
Quote:

Sorry, I couldn't resist the opportunity for a good Dr. Strange Love reference.

By the GE's, do you mean the stock GE 6BZ7 NOS tubes? I'll give them a shot.

Hahah. Refrain from your cheeky-ness.

Yea, I don't know how hesitant you are to drop a few bucks for some of the higher priced tubes. So starting out, usually it's a JJ or GE choice. The favor
is for the GE's, and they're cheap, so it's not a bad place to start, experiment and go from there.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #4,092 of 8,735
Dear me now we have people not understanding tubes.. and whining and they confuse themselves due to just being dumb Wow! And blaming others Paradoxer I feel for ya... I have been there...

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #4,093 of 8,735
And how can you explain me that the hissing is gone? I had cleaned the pins and so on but nothing helps to eliminate the hissing. But after 20hours of burn in it was gone..
But actually no matter what happens. I now have a hissing free Lorenz 3mica and I'm happy with them and don't want to sell them.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #4,094 of 8,735
Quote:
Hahah. Refrain from your cheeky-ness.

Yea, I don't know how hesitant you are to drop a few bucks for some of the higher priced tubes. So starting out, usually it's a JJ or GE choice. The favor
is for the GE's, and they're cheap, so it's not a bad place to start, experiment and go from there.

I ordered the GE's, hoping they come by the end of the week so I can listen to them over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back