"Tried selling 'em but"

Nice,I send them down as a gift,and what do you do??-try to sell them--nice

Go To Your Room!!!!!

Uhhhh 
very_evil_smiley.gif
frown.gif
 Whatever! 

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #3,827 of 8,735
If i recall people were calling Lorenz fotm when they were the rage last year and they are still getting high praises. I have the holland orange globe amperex and they are really not preference, recessed highs, super warm, and undetailed. Pretty much opposite the Lorenz to my ears. I'm sure the 50's amperex pinch waist are sweet but I saw a pair on audiogon last month for $650, so for now I'm going to have to live vicariously through soth's description

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #3,828 of 8,735
Actually these look pretty sweet, even though they are holland made http://app.audiogon.com/listings/holland-e188cc-7308-pair-nos-nib-matched-1962-possib
Kinda pricey, however a picture of a cracked out cat on the boxes might sweeten the deal :D

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #3,829 of 8,735
Quote:
If i recall people were calling Lorenz fotm when they were the rage last year and they are still getting high praises. I have the holland orange globe amperex and they are really not preference, recessed highs, super warm, and undetailed. Pretty much opposite the Lorenz to my ears. I'm sure the 50's amperex pinch waist are sweet but I saw a pair on audiogon last month for $650, so for now I'm going to have to live vicariously through soth's description

Well, they were wrong. Totally wrong. 
tongue.gif

I was just making a totally blind unexperienced Head-Fi guess. 

As of late I've stopped buying tubes. I have about 8 pairs of Lorenz and a few Siemens. I ended up spending 
way more than I ever expected on tubes. And though there are a few tubes like the Amperex 50's pinch waist
I missed out on or never tried. I am pretty damn happy with what I have.

I am very much looking forward to Schiit statement tube rolling. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #3,830 of 8,735
Quote:
Actually these look pretty sweet, even though they are holland made http://app.audiogon.com/listings/holland-e188cc-7308-pair-nos-nib-matched-1962-possib
Kinda pricey, however a picture of a cracked out cat on the boxes might sweeten the deal
biggrin.gif

You and them damn cats. One would hope they'd purr. 
blink.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #3,832 of 8,735
Quote:

Seriously?

That's messed up.

I've made my greed for Lorenz well known.

But to be fair....I only have 6 pairs of Stuttgart's and 2 pairs of the Nish.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #3,835 of 8,735
Quote:
And,
Is there any confirmation from Jason at Schiit,that this is a safe procedure..
Couldn't it possible cause damage to the Lyr,or worse yet,,to a Lorenz???

I would not myself change out the caps it would be a negliglbe difference and void your 5 year warranty with Schitt.. Now maybe when I do decide to upgrade my Lyr maybe I will play with it but caps haha thier is so much debate on that... Its not even worth mentioning

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #3,838 of 8,735
quick remark..off topic...
whenever i plug the denon d7000 into the LYR, the sound is feeeenomenal.
biggrin.gif

ok back to your chat.
jecklinsmile.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #3,840 of 8,735
Quote:
quick remark..off topic...
whenever i plug the denon d7000 into the LYR, the sound is feeeenomenal.
biggrin.gif

ok back to your chat.
jecklinsmile.gif

LOL!

The question should be have you unplugged from the Lyr yet? 
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back