Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #5,147 of 8,735
Quote:

The mica plates in vacuum tubes are usually opaque.

Any ideas why the manufacturer  would choose to use 2 opaque ones 
and a clear and transparent one on top?

So they can see through it?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #5,150 of 8,735
Quote:

I'll update that Lorenz Stuttgart review .......
............. eventually......
Mr " Skull and Bones" over here used to call me Lord SLOTH.
i'll just have to move my lazy butt..... :)

Yes, the 3 Mica variants seem to be more balanced from top to bottom sonically.
I prefer their sonics over the 2 Mica variety.

My Jesting with you was all in good fun my only beef at the time was simple I would get 20 private messages asking where they could find the Lorenz that we all love you and I well know these tubes are like needles in a Hay stack if you understood that I had to answer ohhh over 40 people because of your bringing up the Lorenz as if any of us can just go pick them up (quite frustrating)  Not personal I think you are a fine guy.. I just do not like talking about tubes seriously that are just about as rare as a White Tiger. It was all in good fun my friend I am quite interested in your CCa review as well. If I cared to I could get them I know what equipment they were used in so that is one source that people forget about anyway that was a hint... :) 

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #5,151 of 8,735
Quote:
My Jesting with you was all in good fun my only beef at the time was simple I would get 20 private messages asking where they could find the Lorenz that we all love you and I well know these tubes are like needles in a Hay stack if you understood that I had to answer ohhh over 40 people because of your bringing up the Lorenz as if any of us can just go pick them up (quite frustrating)  Not personal I think you are a fine guy.. I just do not like talking about tubes seriously that are just about as rare as a White Tiger. It was all in good fun my friend I am quite interested in your CCa review as well. If I cared to I could get them I know what equipment they were used in so that is one source that people forget about anyway that was a hint... :) 

NOW you'll get PMs ....   :wink:

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #5,154 of 8,735
Quote:

The mica plates in vacuum tubes are usually opaque.

Any ideas why the manufacturer  would choose to use 2 opaque ones 
and a clear and transparent one on top?

The properties are a little different. There is very clear mica, as in the 1952 Sylvania 6SN7. No plastic would ever be used in a tube, it is way to hot. Mica just works great and is abundant.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #5,155 of 8,735
Quote:
Hello.

Where do you store your tubes? 
confused.gif

In a drawer in my home office. My wife has been instructed that if the house catches on fire and I'm not home, after she makes sure our child and dog are safely outside, to get that tube drawer outside if at all humanly possible.

"Honey, we can replace our wedding album pictures, but they're not making any more 1959 D-getters!" 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #5,156 of 8,735
It's great to read posts from the Tube Titans all on the same page.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #5,158 of 8,735
Quote:
Not all though haven't seen misterrogers in awhile, wonder if he is still in the tube game. Hk have you guys hung out in awhile?

He's probably been busy with Joe Audio.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #5,159 of 8,735
Quote:
In a drawer in my home office. My wife has been instructed that if the house catches on fire and I'm not home, after she makes sure our child and dog are safely outside, to get that tube drawer outside if at all humanly possible.

"Honey, we can replace our wedding album pictures, but they're not making any more 1959 D-getters!" 
biggrin.gif

LOL!
biggrin.gif

"We'll always have Paris...but not the Lorenz!"

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #5,160 of 8,735
Quote:
Not all though haven't seen misterrogers in awhile, wonder if he is still in the tube game. Hk have you guys hung out in awhile?

Quote:
He's probably been busy with Joe Audio.

I chatted with him recently.  He is working on offering DIY amp products through Joe Audio.  He said he doesn't get much chance to troll the forums but he's doing fine.  I believe he's focusing on solid state amps at first.
Hopefully, he'll announce his DIY stuff here on the forum.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back