1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr mk1 with 4 tubes [SOLD]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (27)
  1. eugenius
    Type:
    For Sale or Trade
    Currency:
    Euro
    Price:
    I recently got a Lyr to see if it's for me and it isn't. My headphones don't need warmth and I also don't have any orthodynamic headphones that need the power.

It comes with 4 tubes (jj e88cc and a pair of russian 6h1n-bn tubes). The JJ's have more midrange emphasis and looser bass, the russian tubes have tight bass and more clarity, I like them better with my headphones.

It's in good shape physically, no marks. At my house it had a very small amount of transformer hum (probably DC in the mains power since I had this problem with a speaker power amplifier as well and it was intermittent then too). I have an all fanless computer / desk setup and I'm very anal about noise, I don't know if you would even perceive it if I didn't tell you about it, and it rarely appears. I don't know if it's a coincidence but I've only heard it with the JJ tubes.

It's usable with both Grado HF2 and Sennheiser HD600/HD250. It has some noise when you get the pot towards maximum volume but by that time your ears are bleeding, so no perceived background noise during headphone use. I guess that how it goes with tubes and huge power.

I will trade it for: M&D MH40 gunmetal + 50€,  headroom ultra micro amp without psu +50€, gilmore lite v2 without psu + 100€. I will also trade it with no difference for a Valhalla2 with good input tubes.

Payment by PayPal, fees and shipping on the buyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.