Schiit Lyr - Hum problem due to power cable
Apr 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Trance_Gott

Headphoneus Supremus
My Lyr make a loud hum when i power him on. The hum is because of the electric cable. When I push the power connector cable on the side of the lyr and hold it the hum clear away complete. It seems that the connector give a vibration to the case. It is very loud in my eyes and it affect also in the sound so that I can hear a hum in the signal. I build a roll of damping material to give it under the power connector to push the cable. But I must fumble a lot to find the exact position to clear the hum complete. Not an ideal solution. Has someone else this problem? What can I do?

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 12
I would contact Schiit.

Quote:
Have a problem with a product?
Don’t panic. We’ll respond as fast as humanly possible.
Email: support@schiit.com
Phone (323) 230-0079

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 12
I have bought It not new directly from Schiit but from someone who has bought it 6 months ago. The warranty cannot be assign to me as I asset yet. But I anyway contact Schiit even If they can help me.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 12
It's not the power cable, it is the solder inside the amp at the power connecters.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 12
None if you don't want to loose a finger or you physical integrity. Don't mess up with it, also you are covered by the waranty, it is always transferable if you have the receipt which is obligatory seeing the numerous cases of reliability about those amps. Not bashing, just stating...

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #11 of 12
The Schiit customer service is great! Jason Stoddard [size=11.0pt]agreed to repair my amp for no cost, add relay mute, and pay for return shipping[/size]. I only must pay the shipping to the USA. The Lyr is on the way to the USA. That will be hard weeks without my Lyr
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back