1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr 3 vs Jotunheim

1. Focux
    Which is cleaner?

intend to use with HD650, LCD X and ZMF cans :)

2. MtnMan307
    I have both. Along with HD650, LCD-2, and ZMF Aeolus. The Lyr 3 is the better amp overall. More engaging and addictive to listen to. The Jot is more aggressive and intense, a good amp but not quite like the Lyr 3 in general.

Focux likes this.
  3. Focux
    more aggressive and intense?

sounds like what i seek haha, do u mean the lyr 3 is more laidback and relaxed sounding?

4. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Not really laid back, more like "rough edges rounded out." By comparison the other amp has more up front percussion, but to some the cymbals might be too aggressive.

MtnMan307 likes this.
  5. MtnMan307
    Basically. The Lyr 3 is not laid back, but not so "in your face" as the Jot.

6. Focux
    i see i see

oh i love the in your face sound hahha

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  7. Focux
    btw i noticed that the output for jotunheim SE is rather low in comparison to the lyr 3 which has only SE

going forward, might that be a problem? or i'd need to get balanced cables..

8. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Even balanced output out of the Jotunheim is markedly lower vs the Lyr.

Whether either will be enough depends on what headphones you have and are planning to buy.

9. Focux
    will be using with ZMF Aeolus and HD650

10. MtnMan307
    Both are more than powerful enough for the ZMF Aeolus and HD650. The Schiit website, schiit.com, has the full specs for both. Lyr 3 is more powerful but the Jot is not far behind in balanced mode.

11. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    At 99db/1mW and 98dB/1mW either amp will be more than adequate for those, just not entirely the most efficient choices if you're after power, especially the Lyr which drops output significantly as the load impedance increases.