1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. mourip
    Try this seller on eBay. I have purchased 3 from him and a friend bought two. No issues at all.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  2. Wes S
    chef8489 - If you get the tube ProfFalkin suggested and the 2 I suggest below, with all the tubes you already have and you will be set for any kind of signature you want. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

KenRad - Stagggered Plates
    RCA - Grey Glass - 1940's, mica side snubbers

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. chef8489
    Now i just need to find them.

4. Wes S
    Brent Jesse or Vintage Tube Service (Andy), are the first 2 places I would look. Both of these guys, sell quality tubes, that you know are legit. I have bought half of my tubes from them, and the other half on ebay. If I could do it all over again, I would only buy, from Brent or Andy.

5. mourip
    +1 for Brent Jesse.

6. Wildcatsare1
    I believe Brent Jesse has the Sylvania “Bad Boys” in stock, since they were rebranded to Philco, the price is tolerable.

Wes S likes this.
  7. DarktoreS
    I just ordered a Lyr 3 with MB Dac, I was wondering if a Psvane CV181-T-MII tube or a Psvane UK-6SN7 would be a good choice? First of all I will already test the Tung Sol that I took at the same time as the Lyr 3, but we all know how it goes a tube amp is made to test altenatives if possible at moderate price...

PS-UK-6SN7.jpg PS2-CV181-T-MII.jpg

8. ProfFalkin
    I've heard mixed things about them. Reviews seem polar - they are either loved or hated. That's with other amps though. Regardless, I consider it a risky purchase considering the price, and as such have shied away from them.

Wes S likes this.
  9. Motocrossman24
    Iv also heard mixed reviews on those Chinese tubes...for 80$ you could get an rca grey glass and a Raytheon VT231, both of which is expectnto hand it to the new Production Chinese tubes.

Wes S likes this.
  10. chef8489
    Here are some shots of my tube glow with my 1958 Foton 6n8s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. chef8489
    Dang double post.

12. chef8489
    Threw the Tung-Sol 6sn7gtb back in today and thought I would get some shots tonight with it. Just remember these are just crappy phone pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tafens and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  13. chef8489
    Here is the stock 6H8c tube. the glass is a bit loose, but Schiit said if if it goes out in 90 days they would replace it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  14. mourip
    A loose bottle is not necessarily a problem if the tube works otherwise. Just be careful when you pull it out. If possible it is probably best to remove the top first and then grab the tube by the base, not the glass.

Sorry if this was already obvious to you!

15. Wes S
    It is impossible to grab the base, before the tube comes out of the socket. I have tried, and by the time you get the base above the opening to grab, the tube is already out of the socket. I could see loose bases, being a problem, if you plan on rolling a bunch. I have a couple and I am concerned and will save these tubes for, when all my good ones have been used. I also put super glue (zap a gap), on one of them, and it no longer is loose. I don't know how long this will hold, but it is better than nothing.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last