Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....
Mar 12, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #5,221 of 5,226
Is that a fan you keep on the side just to cool the units. :joy:

Also I've been wondering if I want to stack my units just for the visual appeal.

Right now the Bifrost 2 is under my monitor in the monitor stand. Lyr 3 is outside to the left. :relaxed:
Yup! Read all the horror stories about units nuking themselves and I took no chances. The Bifrost radiates a lot of heat off the top as well so now they both stay nice and cool. Put a new knob on the Lyr as well, love the look

Space wise stacking it works out cuz my side table is already crammed. I think when I move I'll buy a shelf type thing so I have more room and can upgrade to bigger units in the future.

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #5,222 of 5,226
Further impressions of the Psvane Cv181 T MkII

This is a really nice upgrade to the Psvane UK6sn7. Been burning in about 5 to 6 hours now, it's smoother yet also more detailed. Even my harsh to listen to pop albums sound tamed with the bright Arya v2. Bass slam is tighter and more powerful, with more full sub bass. The mids are enhanced, everything sounds full and lush, timbre seems to be improved. Staging and imaging is a step up as is detail separation. It's more musical overall, and the holographic nature is absolutely mind blowing. Sounds are phasing in and out from all directions in an almost psychedelic like fashion.

Really impressed. I'm hearing the new Apos Reserve is similar and another step up, I might have to go for it.

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #5,223 of 5,226
Further impressions of the Psvane Cv181 T MkII

This is a really nice upgrade to the Psvane UK6sn7. Been burning in about 5 to 6 hours now, it's smoother yet also more detailed. Even my harsh to listen to pop albums sound tamed with the bright Arya v2. Bass slam is tighter and more powerful, with more full sub bass. The mids are enhanced, everything sounds full and lush, timbre seems to be improved. Staging and imaging is a step up as is detail separation. It's more musical overall, and the holographic nature is absolutely mind blowing. Sounds are phasing in and out from all directions in an almost psychedelic like fashion.

Really impressed. I'm hearing the new Apos Reserve is similar and another step up, I might have to go for it.
Or…it could just be a rebranded Psvane MKII. Those who got the Apos Reserve and the MKII didn’t want to put up their reviews for some reason.

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #5,224 of 5,226
Or…it could just be a rebranded Psvane MKII. Those who got the Apos Reserve and the MKII didn’t want to put up their reviews for some reason.
I've heard this too but unsure if there's any substantial truth to it. I've also read the Apos is warmer than the Psvane

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #5,225 of 5,226
I've heard this too but unsure if there's any substantial truth to it. I've also read the Apos is warmer than the Psvane
If you even get it please post your impression. It’s much cheaper to review it for the Lyr than the other amps. A quad of the Ray reserve is 1,100 usd after all.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #5,226 of 5,226
The Linlai is living up to the hype for me so far. Without any critical listening yet, initial impressions are 3d holography of the smoked glass RCAs with the detail and smoothness of the Raytheon. I dont have any Kenrad VT231 but i imagine from how they are described it would be similar to that. Also great bass.

1000034703.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back