Schiit lovers, your prayers have been answered !
Jul 4, 2011 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

estreeter

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.headfonia.com/triple-schiit-asgaard-valhalla-and-lyr/

I think I just Schiit my pants from all the excitement.

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 15
repost. 

lol jk yea its a good read.. wasnt expecting the outcome though.  makes me want to go pick one up 

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 15
At the prices Schiit are asking, you might as well buy 2 and save on freight !

If you read enough of Mike's reviews, it soon becomes apparent that he has a preference for warm kit, and I knew where it was going as soon as I read this:

So this is the general picture: the Asgard is the warmest and smoothest sounding of the three.

I have no idea just how 'warm' that Schiit is, but I guess its all relative. My concern with all of Jason's amps is the reputation they have for being truly hot Schiit - not my idea of a good time.

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 15
yea the asgard runs hotter to the touch than the lyr i currently have.   schiit + summer = truly hot schiit.

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 15
german schiit.

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 15
I know I should be bigger than this, but Sennheiser really is a four-letter word at my place.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 15
I read the article three times because I thought I was missing something. What prayers have been answered?

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #9 of 15
Good review.

Quote:
yea the asgard runs hotter to the touch than the lyr i currently have.   schiit + summer = truly hot schiit.

Yeah, on these hot summer days we have at the momemt I actually sometimes use my DAC's build in amp because the Lyr runs so hot I can't touch it. I'm thinking that can't be too good for it. Some tubes are worse than others though.

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 15
Just measure the temperatures from time to time, I did the same for my main tube amp (you can't touch that one either)
In the end, they're made to work in that heat, and temperatures were at max after 1 hour already, so that shouldn't be a problem

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
I read the article three times because I thought I was missing something. What prayers have been answered?

Point taken - Mike's reviews arent for everyone, but I give him credit for being willing to take on the budget end and respond to the many requests he gets for comparisons. Find any Head-Fi review, at random, and I can 99% guarantee you that one of the first responses is 'Thats great, but can you compare it with X, Y and Z ?'. Mike has an uncanny knack of being able to get his hands on X,Y and Z at very short notice - when he cant get a review sample from a distributor, he seems to get kit from friends.  Even if you disagree with his impressions, at least he is giving it a shot.

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #14 of 15
i like mikes reviews.  i respect his opinion.  i think he was trying to be as ... not obvious, as possible saying that the asgard was his favorite.  how many samples (ones that he does get) would he get if he kept saying the lowest price offering is the best to his ears?  some reviewers here dont even do that, they sugar coat everything.  ive bought many things on review from here. most i didnt like and have no idea why the reviewer would state how good it is. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #15 of 15
has anybody tried the Valhalla with the 32 ohm beyers?
problem is i have 990/600 and 770/32.
and i'd ideally like to find one amp to power them both.
asgard or valhalla?
i figure the asgard will be worse at the 990/600 then the valhalla will be at  the 770/32.
but i really have no idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back