Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #106 of 6,469
Its on the site now:

http://schiit.com/products/jotunheim?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #109 of 6,469
Very curious how the power output on this compares to the liquid carbon? SE and balanced both

The Jotty is way more powerful from a purely power perspective. It can output a max 7.5 watts whereas the Liquid Carbon max is 1.5 watts.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #110 of 6,469
Most likely...I got lucky, still within the 15-day window for my Magni 2U.  Sent in RMA request last night, haven't received any confirmation or anything yet though...hopefully will get some feedback on Monday.

Same here - I was wondering about that but they probably manually confirm them before sending the approval.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #111 of 6,469
Just ordered mine! Fed Ex 2nd day. Do you guys ever plan on making one in black?

Sad as it is, they don't make their products with black chassis other than by "mistake", eg. when their supplier sends them a few black ones rather than silver for whatever reason.

It's a shame, I'm partial to black electronics and am not the biggest fan of silver, though their finish looks very nice admittedly. Perfectly understandable though, would be so much more expensive for them to offer multiple colours.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #113 of 6,469
What's the reasoning on why the DAC option is not the Multibit? With no chassis I would think it would bring the price close to $100. Just asking as It will suck to buy the the DAC option provided now only to then then have a Multibit option a few months later.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #114 of 6,469
  What's the reasoning on why the DAC option is not the Multibit? With no chassis I would think it would bring the price close to $100. Just asking as It will suck to buy the the DAC option provided now only to then then have a Multibit option a few months later.

While not straight from the horse's mouth, this post might help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/818323/schiit-jotunheim-review-preview-head-fi-tv/45#post_12817992

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #115 of 6,469
Just Ordered....

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #117 of 6,469
  Just Ordered....

PM me when you decide to sell your tubes 
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your impressions, esp. in comparison to the Lyr.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #118 of 6,469
Any further information / specs. on the DAC module, Will it suppoert 24 bit / Hi-Res formats? I know Schiit isn't keen on DSD but I have a decent sized collection, interested in knowing if it supports them as well which may clinch the deal for me.

Aug 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #119 of 6,469
Question: the Liquid Carbon splits single-ended analog input for balanced amplification. Does the Jotunheim do that, or is it only SE>SE, balanced>balanced? The specs on the Schiit site are not clear about this.

Aug 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #120 of 6,469
  Question: the Liquid Carbon splits single-ended analog input for balanced amplification. Does the Jotunheim do that, or is it only SE>SE, balanced>balanced? The specs on the Schiit site are not clear about this.

Thanks, I was just about to post this same question...Based on this bit from Jason's latest chapter, it *sounds* like I can indeed use the single-ended output from my Bimby to drive the balanced output on the Jotunheim...can someone from Schiit please confirm?

From Jason's chapter:

1. I could use totally separate gain stages for each phase, as some balanced amps do. Of course, this would mean that a single-ended input would not produce balanced output. Not ideal.

Since he *didn't* do this, I assume/hope that means SE --> Balanced is an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back