1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 26, 2016.
First

Back
398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407
  1. CSkloma
    I recently bought the Jotunheim with the balanced dac module, however, the entire amp section is dead. Only the dac works.
    Could someone within Europe tell me what power supply their jot shipped with? I have a feeling ive been sent the wrong one by schiit-europe

2. 565hunter
    My Jotunheim has it's voltage rating indicated on the serial number tag on the back of the unit. It does not use a separate power supply just the appropriate power cord for your country's power outlet.

3. CSkloma
    Ah yes, I meant the powercord. I now checked and what's written on the cord does not match with what's written on the jot itself

4. audi0nick128
    Hey @CSkloma
    Does your Jot have the 230V sticker?
    If not it is the wrong version...since you could plug in your cable has a schuko plug, wright? Are the two orange lights on? Did you double check you selected the correct input?

5. CSkloma
    Yeah, it has the 230V sticker, and yes. The two orange lights are also on, and i have tried all inputs, the only one that works is the dac one. I have tried using different cables as well but with the same result, also tried hooking it up to my laptop and it was the same thing.
    In balanced i get barely audible sound if i turn it all the way up, and in SE its just hissing noise if i turn the volume up

6. audi0nick128
    Hmm that sounds like your unit is not working. Probably best to get in contact with Schiit Europe then

7. Nick-s-f
    First time posting in this thread, just got my Jotunheim today.

Having owned Lyr 2 and Valhalla 2, I always found the volume notch a bit hard to see.

If anyone wants a make their volume indicator more visible, grab a hole-punch, electrical tape and a sewing needle:
    20191025_144234.jpg

trellus likes this.
  8. Torq
    There'd be no point. It's a low-voltage, high-current design. You can turn off the SR1a stepped-baffle-compensation (2nd switch), but it still isn't suitable for conventional headphones (that's why the XLR connector has its gender inverted).

JotR - Front (1024).jpg

I'm not sure why you'd want to try and use this with regular headphones. That's what the normal Jotunheim is for ...

Galm, Nick-s-f and XERO1 like this.
  9. XERO1
    You just know some weirdo is gonna do it anyway. :gs1000smile:

First

Back
398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407