Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 10, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #5,103 of 6,469
I notice it on my Jot and MJ2, I don't think it means anything. Old habits die hard and I'm use to giving a volume control a couple of full range swipes before starting an preamp/amp especially if it's been sitting idle for a number of days. May not really be necessary with the newer pot designs. I'm thinking back to the 60's and 70's.

Dec 10, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #5,104 of 6,469
Nit picky question: does anyone experience any resistance when first turning the volume knob after a period of no use? It may be that the amp is relatively new and cold, but the knob almost has a slight stick when first adjusting the volume after a period of time without use. Afterward, the pot is smooth as can be.
Mine is like that, too.

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #5,105 of 6,469
O

Good point! Didn’t think about that, but might be better than the alternative: an overly sensitive pot. As long as it’s normal behavior, I am happy with it.

Thanks!
Yup. I tried a Liquid Gold once and the volume pot was so easy to turn you could bump it and possibly damage your ears by accident.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #5,108 of 6,469
Ordered one with the internal dac, will compare with my smsl m8 hear the difference. Pairing with the incoming hd650 to taste desktop setup. I am using speaker system at home and go mobile with wm1a and iems at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back