Price
Shipping Destinations
United States
post-14454937
Post #1 of 6

Slashn77

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new headphone amp. I recently had encountered a scammer so only honest sellers with integrity please!

Considering a Schiit Jotunheim Lyr 3 or Headamp Gilmore lite mk 2 are on the top of my list but I am open to others.
Looking for a clean solid state amp mainly.

I will pay via PayPal.

Let me know if interested!

Last edited:
post-14459246
Post #2 of 6

Slashn77

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Looking for a Lyr 3 115v or Vali 2 as well

post-14465702
Post #3 of 6

Slashn77

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bump!
Also considering a Aune X7S

post-15644405
Post #5 of 6

chrismini

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm needing to upgrade my DAC as I owned it since 2007 and the Lyr 3 with the multibit module is on the top of my list. The only caveat is the DAC is only capable of redbook digital meaning 16/44. Having said that, my 260GB music files were all ripped from CD's from the Chicago based library system. 80% aiff and most live and bonus studio out takes flac. That being said my Headroom Micro Amp has power to spare. Each output channel has 2 high power transistors(MJD243 NPN and MJD253 PNP). Thus I've never used any headphones, on the medium input setting, that the volume can't be set halfway without risking hearing damage. What I'm saying is I need a DAC a lot more than I need amp. I've considered The AQ Dragonfly Red and the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2. Personally I think the S2 has way too much unnecessary filters that Pro-Ject should have spent in a hotter output circuit.(the Stereophile review has this product doing everything and anything.) I've not heard a negative review on the Dragonfly. But the Lyr looks amazing, but without the luxury of auditioning this gear, I have nothing to go on, except what you guys say. Any feedback would be helpful.

post-15647684
Post #6 of 6

Guidostrunk

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
This thread is 2 years old that you resurrected. Might get better traction starting a new one lol.
I'm needing to upgrade my DAC as I owned it since 2007 and the Lyr 3 with the multibit module is on the top of my list. The only caveat is the DAC is only capable of redbook digital meaning 16/44. Having said that, my 260GB music files were all ripped from CD's from the Chicago based library system. 80% aiff and most live and bonus studio out takes flac. That being said my Headroom Micro Amp has power to spare. Each output channel has 2 high power transistors(MJD243 NPN and MJD253 PNP). Thus I've never used any headphones, on the medium input setting, that the volume can't be set halfway without risking hearing damage. What I'm saying is I need a DAC a lot more than I need amp. I've considered The AQ Dragonfly Red and the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2. Personally I think the S2 has way too much unnecessary filters that Pro-Ject should have spent in a hotter output circuit.(the Stereophile review has this product doing everything and anything.) I've not heard a negative review on the Dragonfly. But the Lyr looks amazing, but without the luxury of auditioning this gear, I have nothing to go on, except what you guys say. Any feedback would be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)