Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,396 of 2,950
If you have a chance try this song with Arya or any HP and Jot 2 @ high gain, orgasmic

Legend of Mana - Picturesque Landscape
I only have the Ananda and a Topping A50s right now, but wow...that's a great track. Hoping to have the Arya in a few weeks followed by a Jot2 after that. I'll keep this one to try when they get here! 🤗

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #1,397 of 2,950
Mar 26, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #1,399 of 2,950
How well does the Jot 2 drive these? I have the Arya and the Clear, and the Jot obviously has no problems driving them, but I'm looking at a grabbing one of those cheaper V2s from Adorama.

It has no problems driving them at all and the combo sounds amazing. Hopefully that sale comes back for the V2 again, it's a killer deal at $650.

Mar 27, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,400 of 2,950
DSC00222.JPG

I'm super impressed that the Jot is able to drive both of these at the same time, while still pushing some pretty absurd volumes, without the sound breaking down in the slightest.

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #1,403 of 2,950
My Jot2 will be here tomorrow and I'm very much looking forward to hooking it up to my Neo and just go through my headphones 1 by 1. I'm a bit sad that I won't be able to use my Loki with them because I'll be hooking it up to my Neo balanced but I think I'll survive. I'll probably see how it sounds single-ended anyway and see if I hear a difference in how the Neo sounds because I've never done a balanced to single-ended comparison with a Dac before.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #1,405 of 2,950
I received a suca audio t1 in a trade, its a 40 dllr tube preamp with tone controls and just for schiits and giggles I decided to plug it in between the bifrost2/jot2 expecting major distortion and boy was I wrong. It made my aryas come to life, I can only imagine how good the schiit stack can sound with a proper tube preamp

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #1,406 of 2,950
I've had the Jot2 for a little while today and have only used my LSA HP-2 with it but they sound great so far with a large soundstage especially for a closed-back. The iFi Neo pair really well with it since it's a very clean sounding DAC so the added warmth from the Jot2 sounds really nice. The Z1R will be a good test as that's already a very warm headphone so we'll see how that goes but I feel like all the other main headphones I use will work well with the Jot2.

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,407 of 2,950
So I got mine in silver as a candidate for a solid-state office amp (when offices open back up). Like some here I was disappointed to find that there is a noticeable background hiss with very sensitive headphones, specifically, the 106db Stellia. (I don't own IEMs but since they are even more sensitive I can't imagine they would be any better.) This is on high or low gain, independent of the volume dial, and without any inputs plugged in, so I'm forced to conclude this is just the amp's noise floor speaking. The amp overall is built well and fantastic with powerful headphones like my Abyss, but with the profusion of cheap THX AAA amps there is no reason to compromise on noise versus power anymore. My inclination for now is unfortunately to return this and resume the search...

Mar 31, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #1,408 of 2,950
So I got mine in silver as a candidate for a solid-state office amp (when offices open back up). Like some here I was disappointed to find that there is a noticeable background hiss with very sensitive headphones, specifically, the 106db Stellia. (I don't own IEMs but since they are even more sensitive I can't imagine they would be any better.) This is on high or low gain, independent of the volume dial, and without any inputs plugged in, so I'm forced to conclude this is just the amp's noise floor speaking. The amp overall is built well and fantastic with powerful headphones like my Abyss, but with the profusion of cheap THX AAA amps there is no reason to compromise on noise versus power anymore. My inclination for now is unfortunately to return this and resume the search...
This noise floor is only there from the single-ended output. Connect it to the balanced output and it should be dead silent. If not, your unit is faulty.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,409 of 2,950
Yeah I was gonna say I haven't heard anything using my sensitive headphones but I use them balanced. So far I'm really enjoying how my headphones sound on the Jot2 and it pairs great with the Neo. I'm finally done looking for my amp/Dac setup so I can go back to blowing more money on headphones. 😁

Mar 31, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #1,410 of 2,950
Did anyone else here have issues with distortion with there Jot2? Since yesterday I have been having distortion issues. It was that bad with the Balanced, but when i switched to SE it was really bad. I tried changing cables and connecting it to other sources and DACS and the issue is the AMP. Kind of bummed as I haven't even had it a month and have a pair of Ananda's arriving tomorrow. Schiit was pretty quick to respond to my email and hopefully I will have a replacement soon. Really love the AMP though. Pairing it with a Modius for now, but plan to upgrade to a Bifrost 2 one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back