Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #1,306 of 2,927
Enjoying the heck out of the Jot2 with Meze Emperyeans....SE and High gain...and I do have a balanced cable. One thing to remember is if you use low or high gain, the circuit may be different in regards to its implementation and feedback. This may or may not make things sound different to you IMO, YMMV.

The Jot 2 for is one of those rare "great" deal amps that can do just about anything well in regards for a headphone amp. More than enough power for just about anything out there. I even used it with Susvaras and it did a good job with them.

All for $399!!

1616185991089.png

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #1,307 of 2,927
Enjoying the heck out of the Jot2 with Meze Emperyeans....SE and High gain...and I do have a balanced cable. One thing to remember is if you use low or high gain, the circuit may be different in regards to its implementation and feedback. This may or may not make things sound different to you IMO, YMMV.

The Jot 2 for is one of those rare "great" deal amps that can do just about anything well in regards for a headphone amp. More than enough power for just about anything out there. I even used it with Susvaras and it did a good job with the.

All for $399!!

1616185991089.png
What did you have prior to Jot2? I am seriously considering Empyreans and would ask you to please describe the match with Jot2

Mar 19, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #1,308 of 2,927
Well I have had 30+ amps in my journey and sold a bunch but have 10 still left...

Prior to the Jot2, I had the Jot 1, which is a really great deal and a good amp as well, I still have it! They are selling in the deals section of the Schiit website for $319!

I have a PassLabs HPA1, Schitt Lyr 3, J1/J2, Neve RHNP, DIY Whammy, Schiit Hersey, Schiit Magni. I have had and sold, Hagermans Tuba, ECP Audio T4, Phonitor XE, Bottlehead Crack and Mainline...the list goes on and on....I love amps and their design. (Asgard 1, Lyr 1, Soundaware P1, Chord Hugo TT2 etc)...

That said I like the Jot 2 because its an all around great amp at a steal of a price......side by side with many other amps its often hard to tell the differences without straining and guessing...I am brutally honest...with the Empys which is an easy to drive set of cans...the Jot2 excels very well....it has enough power to make them sparkle....with live recordings the presentation is very life like...the Empys are a headphone to "listen" to music with....not figure out whats right or wrong with them based on reviews etc...

Honestly the bass of the Empys, the fullness and soundstage that is HUGE all comes out very well with the J2. I could be very happy with just these cans and the Jot2.

Classical live recordings excel...live concerts, Eva Cassidy's Live at Blues Alley is like being there in the front row....music is luscious and just sublime.

You cant go wrong with the Jot 2...nope just cant!!

Alex

1616187280916.png

1616187391538.png

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,309 of 2,927
Well I have had 30+ amps in my journey and sold a bunch but have 10 still left...

Prior to the Jot2, I had the Jot 1, which is a really great deal and a good amp as well, I still have it! They are selling in the deals section of the Schiit website for $319!

I have a PassLabs HPA1, Schitt Lyr 3, J1/J2, Neve RHNP, DIY Whammy, Schiit Hersey, Schiit Magni. I have had and sold, Hagermans Tuba, ECP Audio T4, Phonitor XE, Bottlehead Crack and Mainline...the list goes on and on....I love amps and their design. (Asgard 1, Lyr 1, Soundaware P1, Chord Hugo TT2 etc)...

That said I like the Jot 2 because its an all around great amp at a steal of a price......side by side with many other amps its often hard to tell the differences without straining and guessing...I am brutally honest...with the Empys which is an easy to drive set of cans...the Jot2 excels very well....it has enough power to make them sparkle....with live recordings the presentation is very life like...the Empys are a headphone to "listen" to music with....not figure out whats right or wrong with them based on reviews etc...

Honestly the bass of the Empys, the fullness and soundstage that is HUGE all comes out very well with the J2. I could be very happy with just these cans and the Jot2.

Classical live recordings excel...live concerts, Eva Cassidy's Live at Blues Alley is like being there in the front row....music is luscious and just sublime.

Alex
Thanks Alex!

Mar 19, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1,315 of 2,927
I'm agreeing with @adydula on the Jot 2. It's a great all rounder. It seems to play so nicely with just about any headphone. So many amps that I've owned have had great synergy with one or two headphones, but then been only average with others. Jot 2 sounds pretty "special" with both dynamic and planars that I have in my collection. The price is icing on the cake. I have zero regrets having sold off my $2k SS amp to "downgrade" to the Jot2. Yep, I'm slummin' it and loving it with this amp.

Mar 19, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #1,316 of 2,927
That nelson pass amp looks great

Mar 19, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,317 of 2,927
I'm agreeing with @adydula on the Jot 2. It's a great all rounder. It seems to play so nicely with just about any headphone. So many amps that I've owned have had great synergy with one or two headphones, but then been only average with others. Jot 2 sounds pretty "special" with both dynamic and planars that I have in my collection. The price is icing on the cake. I have zero regrets having sold off my $2k SS amp to "downgrade" to the Jot2. Yep, I'm slummin' it and loving it with this amp.

What did you sell off?

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #1,319 of 2,927

Alex

1616187280916.png

1616187391538.png
Idk why Schiit used the nicer aluminum finish for the cheaper amp like the Asgard.
Can you make a comparison between the Jot 2 and the Lyr 3 with the planar? tks

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #1,320 of 2,927
The only thing I want to do is add a tube amp as a pre to give the Jot 2 a different sound at times. That Xduoo amp that Zeos just reviewed looks pretty nice for $99.

But part of me wants to stick with Schiit with a Vali 2+. But with that I know I have to roll to a warmer tube.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back