Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #32 of 2,937
Interesting. That means that it is only a push-on knob similar to what is used on their smaller amps. You can simply pull it forward a bit as it likely got pushed in during packaging. It also makes more sense that this would occur than if it had a set screw. What is unusual is that the photo of the board for the Jot 2 shows a D-shaft which are typically used with set screws where a spline shaft is used for push-on knobs. However, they could now be making enough that they're able to get a D-slot push-on or the knob is no longer solid aluminum but only has an aluminum cover. I get mine tomorrow and will check.

I did some pulling and tugging and that fixed most of the issues for in terms of feel. Now it is less grating but still has a textured feel on the turn and still audible compared to the original Jot

Dec 20, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #33 of 2,937
I did some pulling and tugging and that fixed most of the issues for in terms of feel. Now it is less grating but still has a textured feel on the turn and still audible compared to the original Jot
If its audible there could be some DC leakage which I believe should be affect by the servo circuit. I would definitely contact Schiit as my OG Jot never had that issue and I would not expect it to be normal.

Dec 20, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #34 of 2,937
Screw it, ordered... I've been anticipating this release for a while, but it looks far better than what I was hoping for. Going to pair this with Bifrost 2 as the solid state alternative to my hotrodded Bottlehead Crack, and open me up to the possibility of planars and other low-impedance cans. Will be pairing with HD800 and ZMF Atticus.

edit: also ZMF Blackwood... currently my office headphones but I'll be changing jobs here soon. I'm willing to bet Jot 2 pairs very well with them. this is also an excellent opportunity to get back into cable DIYing... just bought a bunch of Neutrik XLR connectors :D

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #35 of 2,937
Screw it, ordered... I've been anticipating this release for a while, but it looks far better than what I was hoping for. Going to pair this with Bifrost 2 as the solid state alternative to my hotrodded Bottlehead Crack, and open me up to the possibility of planars and other low-impedance cans. Will be pairing with HD800 and ZMF Atticus.

let me know how you like. I have the same setup but with a Lyr 3, will be good to hear your impressions of Jot2 vs Crack

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #36 of 2,937
I wonder if the Jot 2 won’t beat out everything that came out after the first one in the price range for a balanced amp. THX AAA 789, Liquid Carbon/LCX, and all that.

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #38 of 2,937
Mine just came in, looks like Schiit is providing stickers now. Will be using on my HE6se and comparing to the OG Jotty. Impressions later.

20201219_135727.jpg

20201219_135150.jpg

Update:

Looks like mine might be defective. The knob has a rough/resistive feel starting at 9 o’clock like sliding something that feels like it should be lubricated but isn’t. It is also an audible scratchy sound. I am not sure if this is due to it being still new and needs break-in to be smooth but my OG Jotty doesn’t exhibit this.

The unit I got had this problem as well, I had to pull out knob and reseat it. Seems some knobs are seated deep enough to be rubbing the chassis.

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #39 of 2,937
The unit I got had this problem as well, I had to pull out knob and reseat it. Seems some knobs are seated deep enough to be rubbing the chassis.
Mine just arrive as well :o2smile:. I have removed the knob and can confirm that Schiit is still using a solid aluminum knob but it now as an insert that supports the D-shaft. This obviously improved assembly time however can require it to be pulled slightly forward.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #40 of 2,937
Mine just showed up, fired up and ready to go. I fiddled with the knob, mine seems to be fitted without issue. Nice smooth action from all the the way down to all the way up. With nothing playing amp is 100% silent on high gain with 300ohm headphones and no noise when turning volume knob.
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a volume knob myth around here. However I didn't get a sticker ! First impressions are good, I have heard amps I know I didn't like at all within 5 minutes (magnius) I will enjoy getting to know this amp.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #41 of 2,937
However I didn't get a sticker !

Oh man, the community cries with you !

I guess you'll be sending it back then... :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back